Spouse Birth Certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Cen51

Spouse Birth Certificate

Post by Cen51 »

I have a certified copy of my wife's Bolivian birth certificate I will be bringing to my interview in NY next month.

Does the consulate require it even though she will not be getting citizenship with me (we haven't met the three year marriage test quite yet)? And if so will it need an apostille?

Thanks to all
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Spouse Birth Certificate

Post by johnnyonthespot »

I don't believe you will need it at all, but it would be a good idea to ask the consulate.

At some point, however, you will most likely need a "fresh" copy of her birth certificate, translated into Italian (and English if applying in the US if it is not already in English), and apostiled by the Bolivian government.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Why would it have to be translated into English? I can understand that it must be translated form Spanish into Italian, but what purpose would there be to translate it into English?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

misbris wrote:Why would it have to be translated into English? I can understand that it must be translated form Spanish into Italian, but what purpose would there be to translate it into English?
I had a vague recollection that this was a requirement for US consulates; perhaps I am wrong.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)