Baptismal Record translation help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
angicaples

Baptismal Record translation help

Post by angicaples »

Got this from some microfilm today. I have been successful in using an online translator as well as the book Finding your Italian Ancestors, but there are several words in this that have me stumped.

I can tell that he was baptized on 11 Sept 1898, born 7 Sept 1898 and named Salvatore, parents Vincentio and Angela Zabbia. One of the godparents is Antonina Zabbia.

I'd like to know word for word what it says, but I cant figure out some of them:

2nd line: marem
3rd line: jugalibus? hujies Civillaty??
4th line: can't figure it out.

Anyway, I have found his and his 3 siblings, but they all read the same.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. I used an online translator when communicating with the comune, and it worked great translating their email to me. This one however is not working for me.

Thank you !
Angi
angicaples

Re: Baptismal Record translation help

Post by angicaples »

Sooo sorry that's so big!!
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

Die 11 septembris
Ego canonicus Leolucas di Miceli coadiutor baptizavi infantem marem natum ex Vincentio Bentivegna, et Angela Zabbia iugalibus huius civitatis sub die 7 huius mensis hora 4,30 ante meridiem cui nomen imposui Salvatorem. Patrini fuero Paulinus Mangiameli, et Antonia Zabbia iugales d(ict)i C(ivitat)is.

Il giorno 11 di Settembre
Io canonico coadiutore Leoluca Di Miceli battezzai un infante maschio nato da Vincenzo Bentivegna e Angela Zabbia coniugi di questa città il giorno 7 alle ore 4,30 a.m. a cui imposi il nome di Salvatore. Padrini furono Paolino Mangiameli e Antonina Zabbia coniugi di questa città.

L.
angicaples

Post by angicaples »

Grazie!!

The other 3 read about the same, so I should be able to do those too! Thank you so much!

Angi