diblasi, luzio, terranova

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
captmark

diblasi, luzio, terranova

Post by captmark »

searching for any living relatives in Italy. angelo diblasi born , licata sicily oct.8 1891. mother angela terranova, father calogero diblasi. how can i find anyone please?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: diblasi, luzio, terranova

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.paginebianche.it and put in dibalsi inthe fiurst line and then SICILIA for all of Sicily and then click CERCA and all those persons surnamed Diblasi will show up in full name,address and telephone numbers.

Do the same for Luzio and Terranova.

If you find any in Licata that youmay wish to write to and ask if they are related then go to www.initaly.com/gene/mem/letter1.htm and send it to them with a return self addressed envelope. =Peter=
~Peter~
Romano1970
Master
Master

Post by Romano1970 »

Per the Surname map below. It should not be difficult to get intouch with possible relatives.

http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/genera.html

Using this in conjunction with Peters post you should do fairly well.
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
captmark

Post by captmark »

how do i start to search for any relatives. like names and parents. even if they died. i want to do a family tree. any ancestor stuff can help. thanks
Romano1970
Master
Master

Post by Romano1970 »

Hi Captmark.

I would start with any living relatives you have now. They are the best source for information.

Get a big note book and start taking notes on everything they say. names, dates, places lived here and overseas. If you can get hold of dead relatives social security #s you can write to FOIA to get the applications they submitted for the cards. This will give you the names of them plus their parents. Also where they came from.

Once you have all the information from them you think you can obtain, it will now be time to start geting this information organized. Then you can start submitting information to sites like this and see where that takes you.

Old pictures also may have names and dates on the reverse side.

Good luck with your quest
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.