Panici and Tiberi(o) from Amaseno to Chicago Heights, IL

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sjgate02

Panici and Tiberi(o) from Amaseno to Chicago Heights, IL

Post by sjgate02 »

My great grandmother was Canneloro Maria Panici di Anselmo, and her mother was Rosa Lombardo(i). They were from Amaseno. My great grandfather was Giuseppe Tiberi(o). I am not 100% certain if he was from Amaseno but is believed to be.

The 1910 census here in the USA appears to state he was here in 1901, though the Ellis Island records for his passage with his wife and oldest son, does not state he was here before 1906. On the ship Moltke manifest for their 1906 passage, he is listed as Guiseppe Tiberio, with what looks like Carmelina Panici, and their son, Pasquale. Pasquale, alias Luigi/Louis was six when they came here. This family came to Chicago Heights, IL to their “cousinâ€
Andy
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Panici and Tiberi(o) from Amaseno to Chicago Heights, IL

Post by Andy »

Hi,
I don't know if you have seen it or not, but there is a book by Alberico
Magni titled Amaseno e l'emigrazione. It has some information that may
be of interest to you. I believe there are still some copies available, from the Chicago Heights Lodge.
I will also be at the steak dinner, so if you are interested let me know and
I will see if one is available.

Andy
sjgate02

Re: Panici and Tiberi(o) from Amaseno to Chicago Heights, IL

Post by sjgate02 »

Please note that I had Cesar DeProsperi's wife's name wrong and it has been corrected. I have to quit trying to remember everything and look at the documents I have to enter information! She was a Panici not a Tiberi(o).

Thanks Andy for the information, can't wait for the dinner and getting to meet some of the Amaseno folks!