1930 census records free access at footnote

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
vj
Master
Master

1930 census records free access at footnote

Post by vj »

Free census records at Footnote

from Family Tree Magazine

[quote]Footnote's Census Records: Free for a Limited Time
Posted by Diane Haddad

Historical records subscription site Footnote is making its US census records free for a limited time.

Footnote spokesperson Justin Schroepfer says there’s not yet a firm ending date, but the records will be free at least through the end of this month.
You’ll need to register as a free member to view the records.

Footnote is carrying out plans to host the complete US census back to 1790.

Here are the census records on the site so far:
- the complete 1860 census
- 5 percent of 1900
- 3 percent of 1910
- 3 percent of 1920
- 98 percent of 1930

When you find a relative’s record, click the “I’m Relatedâ€
Squigy
Master
Master

Re: 1930 census records free access at footnote

Post by Squigy »

It's so funny you mention that as I stumbled upon that last night. I like to see sites outside of Ancestry.com improving their collections.
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

I think for $29 a month (World Access) Ancestry is the best Bang for your Buck. A lot of people just don't have any idea what is available on ancestry(dot)com, especially those people who do not have English/Yankee/Canadian ancestry. As an example, they just threw up the ENTIRE Ontario marriage collection (original scans of the original documents) up to 1930!

My favorite collection is the complete Quebec parish registers, scans of the original records 1620s to the 1940s!!

And the way they are filming The Stato Civile Records from the North of Italy is astounding to me..

This is not the Ancestry of 10 years ago... IMO it delivers tenfold to it's customers.

:D
Squigy
Master
Master

Post by Squigy »

Oh, for sure! Ancestry.com has helped me find more records than any other site. I wasn't saying anything against Ancestry.com at all. I was just saying the more sites that improve their records, the better.
My Italian surnames:

Dima
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dima »

Thank you for posting this!!!! I found some more ancestors!!!
proud to be a coal-miner's grand-daughter
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

JamesBianco wrote:I think for $29 a month (World Access) Ancestry is the best Bang for your Buck. A lot of people just don't have any idea what is available on ancestry(dot)com, especially those people who do not have English/Yankee/Canadian ancestry. As an example, they just threw up the ENTIRE Ontario marriage collection (original scans of the original documents) up to 1930!

Ok..this I am interested in seeing. When did this happen? I haven't been on there for a while....
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

nuccia wrote:
JamesBianco wrote:I think for $29 a month (World Access) Ancestry is the best Bang for your Buck. A lot of people just don't have any idea what is available on ancestry(dot)com, especially those people who do not have English/Yankee/Canadian ancestry. As an example, they just threw up the ENTIRE Ontario marriage collection (original scans of the original documents) up to 1930!

Ok..this I am interested in seeing. When did this happen? I haven't been on there for a while....
The Ontario marriages just went up last week.. and they are amazing. All original scans! They just keep adding original Primary source image materials, last month was Complete Vermont Birth, Marriage and Deaths original records from 1908 to 2008!! They are revolutionizing online research, at a minimal cost considering what they provide. Gone are the days of waiting a month for the mail or driving two hours to an archive. The new generation of genealogical researcher is not going to have any idea what we used to have to go through back in the day.

Anyone here who does not subscribe to Ancestry, I would be more than happy to do lookups and get you an image or two if you need it. Just send me off a message.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Thanks Jim! I can't wait to check them out. :)
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Squigy
Master
Master

Post by Squigy »

What I am waiting for is the PA naturalization records to be complete. 33 percent so far!
My Italian surnames:

nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I found my father in laws grandparents marriage record today! Thanks again Jim. As for the PA records, I would love those too! I have a lot of family who went there!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Squigy
Master
Master

Post by Squigy »

nuccia wrote: As for the PA records, I would love those too! I have a lot of family who went there!
Yeah, I'm really excited about that. I have a lot of German, Irish, and Italian ancestors who were naturalized in PA, so that would be really great. It really is amazing what Ancestry.com is making available online.
My Italian surnames: