Sant Agata De Goti Cathedral

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ktann32
Rookie
Rookie

Sant Agata De Goti Cathedral

Post by ktann32 »

Does anyone know the address to Catholic Cathedral in Sant Agata de Goti that I would write to for records? Has anyone had any experiences with this or have any suggestions or tips?

Thank you!
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Sant Agata De Goti Cathedral

Post by CowryShells »

I found quite a few listings in the white pages (for Catholic churches):
http://www.paginegialle.it/pgol/4-Chies ... 0de%20Goti There is a cathedral in Sant'Agata De' Goti, listed twice.

I'm hoping some experienced folks can help you further.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Sant'Agata De' Goti churches canbe readily found by name and address at www.parrocchie.it putting in the town name in upper right. The church or churches listed with telephone numbers, if any indicate that a resident priest may be in residence at that church. Sant'Agata de'Goti does not have any parish church listed, however, so send an e-mail to the Archbishop with your request at SEGRETARIOARCIVESCOVOBN@HOTMAIL.IT

The parish priests normally hold sway over their church records and must be dealt with individually. It is a hit or miss thing since like people each parish priest comes with a personality that must be dealt with. The Mormnon church people advised before the decline of the US$ to donate $15.00 per record uncovered. This would also entail offering to pay for any researcher that might be needed if the parish priest requires the services of a resedarcher (hopefully his nephew). =Peter=
~Peter~
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CowryShells »

Peter,
The link you posted was the one I tried first, but it didn't give me any results for Sant'Agata De' Goti. I also had problems with this site when I entered another multiple-word town name. Are you able to have success? Maybe I am doing something wrong.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Go back to my message as I discovered similar trouble so send the e-mail as I outlined it to you above via e-mail to the Archbishop in Benevento and ask where the records for Sant'Agata De'Goti are located.

In the interim youmight like to read about church records at this website
http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... cords.html =Peter=
~Peter~
ktann32
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ktann32 »

would you suggest just sending money with my request? How much in Euros do would maybe make a priest want to help me?
Families are forever
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Don't even discuss donation just request what document you want (baptismal, marriage?? and put in the name(s) and dates and at the end just state that your more than willing to pay for any expenses connected with researching the church records and donate monies to the church. See what response you receive from the parish priest.

I assume you will be sending the e-mail to the Archbishops office so see what they respond and then after getting the information with a priests name or location of the records and get back to us. =Peter=
~Peter~
ktann32
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ktann32 »

thanks for your help!
Families are forever