Marriage record translation help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
angicaples

Marriage record translation help

Post by angicaples »

I have been trying to translate some documents using an online translator, but it comes up as gibberish basically. Don't know what I'm doing wrong, because I can translate other items, such as the email from the Commune I received. Is there a difference in the language written by the priests in the baptismal and marriage records??

Anyway...I was searching through marriage records on microfilm today, and I kept noticing that at the end of most of them, was the name Michaelangelo Zabbia. This is our great great grandfather. I would like to know what the document is referring to when it comes to his name.

I do not need this whole document translated, just the last part where it refers to Michaelangelo Zabbia.

Thank you soooo much!!!
Angi
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Marriage record translation help

Post by liviomoreno »

Michelangelo Zabbia was the witness of the marriage.
angicaples

Re: Marriage record translation help

Post by angicaples »

Thank you for that! He was on about 90% of the documents that I scrolled through. I was starting to wonder if he was the officiant. Since these were records from the church, I wonder if he held a position there......He was mentioned in pages and pages of marriages.

Interesting.....