Need only my Grandfather's US Naturalization Certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
conseri

Need only my Grandfather's US Naturalization Certificate

Post by conseri »

I am seeking dual Italian/USA citizenship, and I have all the papers from Italy and USA EXCEPT for my grandfather's U.S. Certificate of Naturalization. I mean I am <THIS> close! I have his Declaration and his Petition, both with Apostilles. But the Italian Consulate looked over my papers and said I must have a copy of his actual Certificate OR a letter stating it does not exist.
My grandfather had a US Soc. Security number, and his death certificate reads "Citizen of USA" (He died in 1952). I have his NYC Certificate of Literacy, his retirement ID from NYC subways, etc. His Declaration and Petition even list a "Certificate of Naturalization Number" but the Certificate is not attached.
I have written to and spoken to US Homeland Security, Immigration & Naturalization, the US Archives in New York, even the C-Lists in Washington DC, but I am still waiting after almost 3 months.
I know he applied for citizenship (8 years after my Dad was born, so I'm okay there), but I have no proof that he actually GOT the Certificate!

HELP: Does anyone have an idea how I can "break" this silence? Where I can get a letter--go to a lawyer and have it drawn up and notarized? I am <this> close and it is driving me crazy--I would be willing to pay to get over this hump. Thanks for any idea/suggestion.
Bob
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Need only my Grandfather's US Naturalization Certificate

Post by ptimber »

Call your congressmans office in your district and tell them what you told us and mention to them that in youir grandfgathers file there is a copy of the certificate in his file and that you want the certified copy from USImmigration from that file. Tll them that 3 months is too long and you are his consituent and a taxpayer and neeed the congressmans intervention in your behalf...Ask the congressmans office to get back to you telephonically. Peter
conseri

Post by conseri »

Thanks Peter. I will call Representative Bernie Sanders' office first thing Friday; if he's still out for the Thanksgiving weekend, then first thing Monday am.
Wish me luck!
Bob
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You do not speak with the co ngressman just some member of his staff and they shopuld be openon firday tomorrow. If not then call Saturday because people work and he may keep the local office open for constituents. The staff members should be responsive and just simply state your case and then ask them to "please get back to me at my...(number) as soon as possible. Peter