Jure sanguinis documents translation...

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stairway2evan

Jure sanguinis documents translation...

Post by stairway2evan »

Hello!

I am in the process of obtaining dual citizenship and I am required to obtain a professional translation for many of the documents I need to submit. The document from the consulate general of Italy states that:

Vital Records in languages other than Italian, birth, marriage, death certificates relating to the Italian side, marriage, birth relating to “intermediateâ€
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Jure sanguinis documents translation...

Post by CowryShells »

You'd need to check with the Italian Consulate in Chicago to be sure of their requirements. Some consulates want you to select from a list of approved translators. (Am I correct that Colorado falls under Chicago's jurisdiction?)

For Detroit, I was able to submit accurate translations, not merely summaries of the documents, and mine were formatted in the same manner as the originals. I did not need to submit the credentials of the translator.

If Chicago does not have a specific list which you must choose from, you could ask at a language dept. in a local university or at an Italian cultural institute as well as commercial translation companies and compare prices.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There is a firm that does dual citizenship applications and canbe contacted for price and advice without a hassle at 888-604-1970.

Their e-mail address is info@icapbridging2worlds.com =Peter=
~Peter~
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

I saw on their website its $40 to translate one page! Is that the going rate of all translators? Considering how many documents I would need it for, thats a hefty bill.

Alicia
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

DeFilippis78 wrote:I saw on their website its $40 to translate one page! Is that the going rate of all translators? Considering how many documents I would need it for, thats a hefty bill.

Alicia
No that is certainly not the 'going rate' for all translators. My charges are much less but I do not advertise in forums. If anyone wants details of my charges you can send me a Private Message I will give you more details.

My translations have been accepted by various Consulates and Comunes - including (believe it or not) New York!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

What about Philly? They gave me a distinct list of translators and I dont know if I can use anyone else when the time comes. Send me a message with your info. Id love to have it.

Alicia
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

Oh My Goodness-I am putting together my docs for my appt in Los Angeles on Friday--The two docs I have overlooked to be translated (because I MAY have misunderstood) is the Letter of No Record and the Certificate of Nonexistence of Record--I beleived I had read that anything that needed to do with the naturalization of my GGF did not need this and I ASSUMED this fell into the same category--SHOULD I HAVE HAD THESE TRANSLATED??? If so--I need to find a way to do that today and tomorrow! HELP PLEASE!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

I don't believe so.

All things related to naturalization are for the benefit of the consular official who is reviewing your case. Since they are not sent to Italy, there should be no reason to translate them.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

Thank you for your quick response. I did have the NARA and New York County Docs translated (now I wonder why--the translator said she did them for herself when she went--but hey-she's the translator). WHEW!!