Need help on family info CILLO / BIFARO

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
iikee83

Need help on family info CILLO / BIFARO

Post by iikee83 »

Hello everyone! I found this forum yesterday and I'd like to know more about my far family members in NY state.
Clues for me are only my grandmother memories about her cousin CILLO GERARDO (that should be about 80 years old) and his brothers RAFFAELE and UMBERTO (that she don't know how old are them).
Furthermore she remember the name of BIFARO GLORIA, daughter of one of the person mentioned before and maybe same-age of my father.
Adding with, they should be a restaurant owners in NY.
During my researches I found an interesting relative about BIFARO GLORIA and UMBERTO BIFARO on INTELIUS.COM but nothing more and I don't know if it's right or wrong.
Could you please offer your help in my search?! I appreciate so much!
If you can find relatives that live in Italy that will be even better.

Hope in a Your response, big greetings from Italy.
Take care and sorry for my poor english!
=)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Need help on family info CILLO / BIFARO

Post by Tessa78 »

Benevenuti nel forum! :-)

Could you tell me if Gerardo was born in Italy or USA? If in Italy, do you know which town? You think he would be about 80 years old, so maybe born about 1930?
You think Gloria Bifaro may be about the same age as your father...how old is your father?
Let us know any information that may help us assist you in your search.

Saluti,
T.
iikee83

Post by iikee83 »

thank you Tessa78!

Gerardo was born in Italy near Naples.
It was born around 1930. My grandmother don't remember but if she has 80 years old probably he has the same-age. There are cousins.

Meanwhile Gloria Bifaro should be born in the '50 'cause my father is 55 years old.

But the research made with INTELIUS.COM tell me that there are 2 Gloria Bifaro in the state of NY and one in particular is relative with 'Umberto Bifaro' and Ralph Bifaro (RAFFAELE?!?!)

Take care
bye
=)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I did a telephone directory search and found a Gloria Bifaro in Mahopac, NY (age 65+) I will send you the address and phone number in a Private Message.

But I am confused. You mention that Gerardo Cillo had two brothers, Umberto and Raffaele. That would mean that the last names of the brothers was also Cillo. Right? Yet, you look for Umberto and Raffaele Bifaro?
T.