Help with my family from Italy...GIOVANNI PASIO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Pasio

Help with my family from Italy...GIOVANNI PASIO

Post by Pasio »

Hi am hoping someone might be able to help me with regards to my great grandfather and great grandmother in Avigliana (TO), Italy. I am desperate to find out more about the family and locate the appropriate marriage certificates. I am certain they originated and were born in Avigliana, Italy. His name was Giovanni Dominico Pasio and he married Marianna (Biesta) Pasio. Giovanni was born in 1889 and had brothers known as Michele and Fiorenzo Pasio. Marianna was born in 1902. How would I locate there marriage certificates. I am unable to use the familysearch on my computer for some or other reason, Would this site help me?

Kind Regards
Carl Pasio
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Help with my family from Italy...GIOVANNI PASIO

Post by VaDeb »

H Pasio

Here are the microfilm numbers:

Registri dello stato civile, 1866-1929
Italy, Torino, Avigliana - Civil registration

Pubblicazioni 1892-1910 -- Matrimoni 1866-1910 FHL film #1795488
Matrimoni 1911-1929 FHL film #2249706

You can't view the certificates on the website. YOu have to go to a FHC and order the microfilm.

Debbie
Pasio

Post by Pasio »

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by a FHC.

Thanks for your help Debbie :-)
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

FHC is a Family History Center run by the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints-a Mormon Church. Anyone can use their family history centers which are staffed by volunteers. You have to go to a local center near your home and then rent microfilm for your Italian town through them. The microfilm is mailed to them from Salt Lake City Utah but is loaned to your local center for a few weeks for you to use on a microfilm reader there.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

You say you can't access the website www.familysearch.org. On that website, there are a few entries for the Pasio surname from the town of Avigliana. There is a Michele Antonio Pasio born in the town on Nov 9, 1880. His parents were Giovanni Pasio and Maddalena Ponti. This Michele Antonio was married to a Giovanna Maria Allais on Aug 15, 1903 in Avigliana. Do you have any other information about your great grandfather's siblings? Do they come to the U.S. I am not saying this entry is your great grandfather's brother, but possibly it is.
Pasio

Post by Pasio »

Hi, Yes I do. I know he had a brother known as Michele and another by the name of Fiorenzo. His name was Giovanni Dominico, but there are no records of him or his brother on this webpage? Why would that be?
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The information which appears in the indexes on the family search website has been contributed by church members or other researchers. Therefore not all information from each town appears there. Pretty much the best way to get access to the information you are seeking is through researching the microfilmed records yourself. Some towns also have official websites and email addresses, or there are addresses to write to a town for information, but you need very specific information about your ancestors in order to do so. You should gather that information from U.S. records such as passenger lists, census records, world war I draft registration cards, vital records (marriage, death), social security records, etc. You can't get information from Italy without having specific information about your ancestor first. You don't even make it clear in your post if the marriage took place in Italy or in the U.S. If the U.S., where did they live? Help us to help you by posting some additional information about them that you know.
dixhyde

Post by dixhyde »

I have records of a Pasio Family in Avigliana.

Father: Giovanni Luigi Pasio Born 26 Jul 1850,Avigliana
Mother: Maria Maddalena Ponte Born 20 Jan 1852, Avigliana. Married 18 Mar 1879, Avigliana
Children: Michele Antonio. Born 10 Nov 1880, Avigliana
Giovanna Clementa Margarita. Born 1 Nov 1882, Avigliana
Catterina. Born 21 Dec 1884, Avigliana
Giovanni Lorenzo, Born 26 Sep 1886, Avigliana
Giovanni Domenico, born 9 Jan 1889, Avigliana
Fiorenzo, Born 27 Nov 1891, Avigliana

I do not have information after these children but I do have some information on their pedigree.