Surname - Andrucci / Andreucci

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Lioness

Surname - Andrucci / Andreucci

Post by Lioness »

I am looking to locate anyone sharing the name Andrucci / Andreucci, especially from Picinisco.

I believe my great great grandfather Luigi Andreucci (Andrucci) who along with his wife Serafina and their son my great grandfather Paolo (Paul) emigrated from Picinisco in the early 1900's for the UK.

I have been looking for information for a number of years now always without success and would be extremely appreciate if anyone could help me locate my relatives in Italy.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surname - Andrucci / Andreucci

Post by ricbru »

Hello,
here there are 7 Andreucci from Picinisco

http://pb.virgilio.it/pb/virgilio/cerca ... o&x=50&y=6

no Andrucci in Picinisco

I hope it helps, bye ricbru :D
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The civil record for Picinisco can be located in the family histyorylibrary of the Mormon church nearest your home for the years 1809 to 1865 covering all births,marriages and deaths in the family. You can teace your relatives alive and dead back to 1809 by writing to the Uffico di Stato Civile in Picinisco for current members but you will need specific names. You can request a certificato di Stato di Famiglia storico to uncover all members of the families your tracing. Peter
DeliBoy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeliBoy »

Lioness,

I think your emigration date is slightly wrong. I think it should be somewhere between 1886 and 1891.

Take a look and the 1901 England and Wales census site:

http://www.1901census.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Do a person search on Andreucci, and your family shows up in Newcastle. Luigi 37, Serafina 40, Paolo 13, Nicola 10, Tormracleta 4, Michels 3 and Antonio 1 month. (Mis-spellings as on the census site). Paolo and his parents are shown as born in Italy, Nicola and his yonger brothers and sisters show as born in Newcastle. Therfore I would put the emigration date between the births of Paolo and Nicola.

There is supposedly more information on this site, but it is not free.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear "LIONESS" (please forgive me for using a vulgarity for a name ) You may wish to consider writing one letter to each of the persons in Picinisco asking them what they about your family since this is obviously what you are seeking depite all the hoopla you are getting. You can write in italian or very simple english sentences since english is also taught in the schools; being a mandatory second language. Should you wish to write in italian go to www.freetranslation.com and they will allow you 1800 words free of charge. Include one copy of the same letter along with a self addressed envelope and a euro or pound for stamps. It has been tried in the past and with great success. Peter
Lioness

Post by Lioness »

I appreciate everyones help :D
Lioness

Post by Lioness »

My immigration dates do appear to be out as I have recently found my family on the 1891 census.

I guess this means they arrived in the UK within the 3 years prior to this date, as my great great grandfather was listed as 3 yrs old at the time of this census.

As for writing to the Uffico di Stato Civile in Picinisco, I did this unfortunately I received no reply.

Am I right in thinking I should resend the letter? As I had heard a law was past a while back making it possible to contact the major should the information not be released within a specified time.

I am also hoping to visit the Mormon Family Search Centre, unfortunately they seem to only open late one night per week and I live some distance away. Does anyone know if they hold copies of all records on site or would I have to make a request that the information be sent over from Salt Lake?

I appreciate all your help :)
vineviz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vineviz »

Lioness wrote:Does anyone know if they hold copies of all records on site or would I have to make a request that the information be sent over from Salt Lake?
Unless someone at that center has ordered the film before (unlikely) you will need to go to the center yourself and order the film. They will call you when it arrives.