BERNASCONI surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ianbyers

BERNASCONI surname

Post by ianbyers »

Looking for any information on an Antoni BERNACONI, born circa 1801,
in northern Italy (or southern Switzerland ?).
Emmigrated to England and married Harriet THORN in Wanstrow, Somerset, UK, circa 1837.
Any info appreciated.
abigailr0325

Re: BERNASCONI surname

Post by abigailr0325 »

was his father Giovanni and his mother Giuseppa Bianchi??
ianbyers

Post by ianbyers »

I have NO information on Antoni, other than his name,
possible year and area of birth - Ticino, Switzerland (?) - which I believe was part of Italy until 1803 (?)

What village or commune were Giovanni & Giuseppa living in ?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

by ancestry.com, this infos:
NAME: Antonio Maria Bernasconi
BIRTH: 1803 - Ticino, Switzerland
DEATH: Wanstrow, Somerset, England
PARENTS: Dominico/Dominque Bernasconi, Maria Cattarina Ferrari
SPOUSE: Harriet Thorne

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ianbyers

Post by ianbyers »

Thanks, suanj, I will follow this up. :D :D :D :D
ianbyers

Post by ianbyers »

Have found that "Switzerland" on UK census records, has been mis-interpreted as "Soveltrein" - part of the mystery solved.

Still need to identify WHERE in Ticino Antonio and his family lived.
ianbyers

Post by ianbyers »

Further note - Maria Cattarina FERRARI possibly died in 1841 ?.
ianbyers

Post by ianbyers »

I have been able to confirm, from the Archive office in Bellinzona, of the information below, although there is no guarantee that it is "my" Antonio Bernasconi, as there are lots of Antonio Bernasconi's !.

In the absence of any contradicting evidence, I will go with this one, until proven otherwise.

An interesting note on the record for Antonio, states - "Domiciliata originaria di[ Ronago R.L.", which is just across the border (in Italy) from Riva St Vitale and Tremona area where the records show the families circa 1833. (any thoughts on what the "R.L." might stand for ?)

Can someone point me in the direction of the Italian equivalent of the archives office (in Bellinzona), is it in Como, or elswhere ? (for Ronago records) so I can continue my research.

Regards and thanks
Ian :)

suanj wrote:by ancestry.com, this infos:
NAME: Antonio Maria Bernasconi
BIRTH: 1803 - Ticino, Switzerland
DEATH: Wanstrow, Somerset, England
PARENTS: Dominico/Dominque Bernasconi, Maria Cattarina Ferrari
SPOUSE: Harriet Thorne

suanj
ianbyers

Post by ianbyers »

Further note to my recent post - Antonio Maria BERNASONI's grandparents (Domenico's parents) appear to be Carlo Andrea BERNASCONI, and Giuseppa ZEPPI (possibly also from Ronago, Italy), and Francesco FERRARI & Rosali CROCI.

I would also appreciate any information on these couples or the FERRARI, CROCI & ZEPPI families.

Regards & thanks
Ian :)

ianbyers wrote:Further note - Maria Cattarina FERRARI possibly died in 1841 ?.
ianbyers

Post by ianbyers »

My new family tree has the following connected (mostly Italian ?) family names that might be of interest to other Ticino researchers (I suspect a couple might be SWISS or GERMAN)

BERNASCONI, FERRARI, MOMBELLI, ZEPPI (CEPPI), MASPOLI, DURINI, RUSCONI, FOLETTI, BARRACHI, PINILLOS, INGOLD, BERTRAND, PLACIDE, BILLAUD, MJOR, RYSER, JUNOD, JEANGUERIN, PERRET, VERMOT, PERRIN, SCACCHI, SOLCA, BANFI, ROLNOSI, ROSSI, REALINI, GRASSI, ADAM, PANINA, CROCI, FONTANA, ALBISETTI, MORETTI.
verronicka

Post by verronicka »

I know this post is very old, but I think the name FERRARI appears in my family tree over at Ancestry. I recently got my DNA tested over at FamilyTreeDNA and I matched a woman who listed the following surnames as part of her ancestry: DeBernardi (Besozzo, Italy) Ossola (Besozzo, Italy) Podesta (Besozzo, Italy) Realini (Besozzo, Italy). My last name is Furiga, and my grandmother's maiden name was Beverina. If these sound familiar to anyone, please contact me! Thank you, Roseanne Furiga.
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Hi Roseanne
Beverina is a very typical surname in the area around Besozzo, a town in Varese province.
What are you exactly looking for?
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
verronicka

Post by verronicka »

I'm trying to find out more information about my grandparents, Rose Beverina Furiga and Carl Furiga, and how they are related to the Brovelli family. I don't know anything about my grandparents (like if they had siblings, and who my great grandparents were, etc.), and it would be wonderful to find out if any of my relatives are still in Italy, because I'm hoping to go there next year! I believe my uncle Roberto used to go to Lago Maggiore to meet up with family, but I'm not certain.
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Hi Roseanne
Is your grandfather Carlo Furiga, born 1898 in Olginasio (near Besozzo) ?
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
verronicka

Post by verronicka »

Yes! I believe that is correct. The weird thing is that I have come across two Carl Furigas and they both seem to be married to women named Rose (although it could be a big mix up somehow). I don't know if you are registered over at Ancestry, but my entire family tree is public over there, listed under FURIGA and my username Furious_Rose. I am hitting a brick wall when I get to my Italian side of the family! Thank you so much for all your help!