Looking for Garippa in Contursi area

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
oceanhut

Looking for Garippa in Contursi area

Post by oceanhut »

Hello,

I am trying to find a little more information about my relatives. The majority of the Garippa's now live in New Jersey, USA.

My great-Grandfather Salvatore Garippa was Born in Contursi. His Father was Giovanni Garippa, and had a brother Rafaele Garippa and a Sister Concetta Garippa. Giovanna would have been born in Contursi around 1850. Is anyone here familiar with these names?

If it helps, Salvatore Garippa was a Christian missionary during the 1930s-1950s and started many evangelical churches around Italy. Some still exist today

Thanks so much!

John
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Garippa in Contursi area

Post by PeterTimber »

There are 3 Garippa listed in the Contursi telephone directory and one business bearing the garippa surname. www.paginebianche.it (select TERME). Thee may be relatives and should you wish to write them go to
www.initaly.com/gene/mem/letter1.htm for form letters in Italian to potential relatives.

If you wish documents then go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html =Peter=
~Peter~
oceanhut

Post by oceanhut »

PeterTimber wrote:There are 3 Garippa listed in the Contursi telephone directory and one business bearing the garippa surname. www.paginebianche.it (select TERME). Thee may be relatives and should you wish to write them go to
www.initalyt.com/gene/mem/letter1.htm for form letters in Italian to potential relatives.

If you wish documents then go to http://www.angelfire.comn/ok3/pearlsofw ... tters.html =Peter=
Thanks so much for the help, Peter!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I re did the website typos correctly so go back to my posting. =Peter=
~Peter~