latin church record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

latin church record

Post by dragoni »

some assistance wojuld be helpful in deciphering this church record for the cappiello famiglia. thanks.

tomasso

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4809/img9233l.jpg
Lucap
Master
Master

Re: latin church record

Post by Lucap »

Who took the picture? 8O 8O
However, it's not latin but italian (some word is hard to read correctly):

Domenica lì 5 di 8bre (=ottobre) 1614
in festo Sancti Placidi (nel giorno della festa di San Placido: http://www.santiebeati.it/10/05/ )
Francesco Antonio(?) Casullo (or Capiello???) figlio di Marco(?) Casullo et Diana Pietro(?) sua moglie qua(?) di Morrone fu battezzato da me Don Danilo(?9 De Carosiis Arciprete e Curato di Santa Maria della valle di Morrone, al qual battesimo non vi è intervenuto nessuno per compadre. Presente l'ostetrice Claudia Nullo di Morrone, quale disse nacque Venerdi lì 3 di 8bre 1614.

L.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

thank you so much luca. the fellow doing research for me in italy took the picture which is a xerox of the original. he took a photo of the original but the xerox version is easier to read.

cognome should be cappiello. the father's first name and the mother's last name were very difficult to decipher. i figured the father's could be matteo, marco or? and the mother's cognome i had no clue but i like your suggestion.

mille grazie.

tommaso
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

Lucap wrote:(some word is hard to read correctly)
:? Maybe, "some words are..." that's right?

I'm not so sure about the surname Capiello in this document: it looks like Casullo (you must verify the names of the bride and the groom in other documents to confirm your theory).

L.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

luca:

thanks for the help. the more i look at the name i agree with your guess. i can also use the surname locator to see if there are casullo's in morrone.

tommaso