Baldassarre, Vardaro matrimoni

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Baldassarre, Vardaro matrimoni

Post by oilman19 »

I found this matrimoni for Giovanni Baldessarre of Antonio and Giovanna Mattora of S.M. and Elisabetta Vardaro of Alessandro and Filomena Iannotta of San Prisco. I assume the marriage occurred in San Prisco but I am not sure if the actual date is shown. Also, are there any ages given? Anything you can offer (or correct), in addition to what I have figured out, would be appreciated.
Thank you,

Jim

p.s. I have a cousin who married a Vardaros, and he is Greek. Is it likely the origins of this name are Greek?

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... 09_001.jpg
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... 09_002.jpg
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... 09_003.jpg
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... 09_004.jpg
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... 09_005.jpg
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Baldassarre, Vardaro matrimoni

Post by maestra36 »

di eta maggiore-of adult age
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

When a resident of one town married a resident from another, the publications were made in both towns and copies were sent to the other town. Probably the actual marriage took place in the bride's town, but there is always the possibility that it took place in the groom's town.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Since these are publications, and the marriage would occur at a later date (publications are like banns of marriage), the date of the actual marriage is not given
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I assumed from what I could understand that the ceremony took place in San Prisco. Was that a good assumption in this case?

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

It has been my experience that when a ceremony happens in another town, it is usually noted as of adult age. Otherwise, in the same town there is usually a transcription of the birth records of the 2 participants.
Am I confusing my documents?

Jim
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

the publications had to be made in both towns regardless of where the actual ceremony took place to insure that there were no impediments to the marriage-such as one of the spouses already being married, etc.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

among the civil records for this other town there will be copies of the publications made in S.M.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Peg,
Your patience is appreciated. Since it doesn't seem like I can gleen anything else from this document, did I translate it O.K.?

Thank you,

Jim
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I have a few other towns to check for similar info. I have decided to concentrate on S.M. for now. Probably 98% of the info I need is concentrated here. I took your advice and reduced the number films I am studying.

Jim
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

It says on the first page that the marriage was to be celebrated in front of him, the official of this other town, so I would say the marriage took place in this other town.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

This other town is the bride's town so it makes sense that the marriage took place there and not in SM
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Jim
Do you need anything else from these records?
Peg
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

It doesn't look as though they offer anything else. Is my translation correct?
Thank you,

Jim
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

when you get a town's processetti, which is a marriage package, so to speak, you get estratti of the bride's and groom's birth records, estratti of death records for previous spouses, if any, estratti of death records of parents, if applicable, and copies of the publications for the marriage, as well as a solmen promise of marriage. This packet you posted is only publications-like the banns of marriage-so there would be no estratti of the birth acts for the bride and groom.