Lucia/Delaro cont.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Lucia/Delaro cont.

Post by AmyT »

THATS IT! LOL I'm just going to go myself..

Email from my cousin and regarding his trip to Italy.

Edited for relevant information!
I did some research regarding our ancestory before I left, and found indeed there seems to be some conflicts....but, by far the best piece of info I got was a taped conversation from around 1995 or so that uncle Lem made when he travelled to Pennsylvania to visit uncle Patsy before they both passed. On the tape, He specifically asks Patsy about what he remembered his father (GrandPap) Pasquale telling him about the region, and the name of the village in italy he came from.

At any rate, the exact location named on the tape, which I visited is named- Sant' Angelo a Fasanella - you can see it here.... http://mapblast.com/(4amedwjffdpdll45ta ... a%2c+Italy

I found some Photos online also. http://www.fotoeweb.it/sorrentina/Sant'Angelo.htm
It is virtually a tiny remote village with only a bar, & a tiny "general store" in the piazza.

We talked to several townspeople there, asking about distant relatives. They do know our family name there, and the last cousin had moved from the village so recently ( to live in Napoli) he was said to still visit Sant' Angelo every other weekend. I even asked if they had a phone no. for him, but no one did since he just left. I also checked the Naples Directory. No luck.
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Frustrating emails..

Post by ptimber »

Dear Amy you know,of course that you will be going to Italy soon don't you. The Gods have so ordained it. Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

This from Satan's agent! :lol:

Wait! Gods plural.. so are we going greek!?

My husband assures me he will take me to Italy sometime next year. In the mean time we are both taking Italian courses! I'm leaving the kids with family that way he and I can treck up whatever muddy road we want to.

I've asked for a copy of the tapes to help with this search. Also asked about the stowaway business which is still a conflict and source of confusion.
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

See I have plenty of talent,vision and clairvoyance. in fact I knew you were going to Italy!!! Mercury whispered it in my ear. Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Could you use those skills to tell me if he stowed away? :lol:

That way I don't have to wait for my cousin to check his email. :P Im too impatient by far!
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Re: It was actually informative emails!

Post by AmyT »

About the stowaway situation:

The part about the stowaway situation is popular and I have spent alot of time trying to see Pasquale's name on a ship's list, and it seems more like he may have used an alias, since as the story goes, he left a woman / possible Wife / possible family there, in Italy. That just maybe what we think at this point until further evidence is found. I never new much about MaryLoise, there is a debate regarding her last name also. (Delco / Delario)

---

I wonder then did he continue using the alias or is Pasquale Lucia his real name... OH so much to do..
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

amy,
perhaps i missed a post..... but, not knowing italian........ you rang up this remote village on the off chance that someone would know english, and was able to talk to several english speaking persons.....

or you just happened to get lucky and found several residents had e mail addy's and sent off inquiries......
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

wldspirit,

Sorry, I meant to edit that these were emails from my cousin, who had been to Italy, looking for our family. Regarding Lucia/Delaro etc. I just got excited and put it out there and I can see it maybe confusing. Fixing now! ;)