Will be in Italy May 15- looking for info on Rocca's

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mariafrancesca

Will be in Italy May 15- looking for info on Rocca's

Post by mariafrancesca »

Hi,
I'm new here, and new to genealogy searching. Heading to Abruzzo to see the town of Vicoli where grandpa Filippo Rocca was born in 1900. Also will visit Ciccano, where great grandfather Federico Rocca was born. Looking for any info on remaining Rocca family in Italy. My great grandmother was Bettina Falsani Rocca- I don't know what town she was from.
Thanks for suggestions!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Will be in Italy May 15- looking for info on Rocca'

Post by johnnyonthespot »

The Italian telephone directory lists a dozen Rocca's in Ceccano (with an 'e', not 'i'), but none in Vicoli. You might screw up some courage and knock on a few doors while you are there; my wife did so in a small community in Ireland and found a cousin on the first try.

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... ccano&ind=

The same site shows a single Falsani in Ceccano.

Keep in mind that this is only persons with traditional landlines; many europeans today skip a landline entirely in favor of cellular service.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
mariafrancesca

Post by mariafrancesca »

Johnny- thanks for checking that for me.
I had heard the Falsani's "died out" because they mainly had girls, but perhaps that's not the case!
I'm usually game for things, so I will try knocking on a couple of doors.
Thanks!

PS: which telephone site do you use? could you send me the website or a link?
Thanks!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Maria, the link is right there in my previous message: http://www.paginebianche.it/index_en.html
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)