Olimpia De Falco immigration

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
oilman19
Master
Master

Olimpia De Falco immigration

Post by oilman19 »

I am looking at the manifest for Olimpia De Falco S.S. Ancona arriving Ellis Island 11 July 1911 on line 29. Her son(s) should be with her. I see Antonio on the next line (he should be 5) but I don't see Alfredo (he should be 3). He may be on the next page but I don't know how to get there on this site.
There is also some writing I can't distinguish on the far right. I know they came from Saviano and Olimpia's husband is Luigi Tamburrino.
Can someone please fill in the blanks for me?
Thank you so much.

Jim

note: I wish I knew how to link these pages to the forum.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Olimpia De Falco immigration

Post by liviomoreno »

If you go to http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/ellisgold.html and put the name of the ship and its arrival date you get the complete list of Passengers. However Alfredo is not listed and I was not able to read the writing on the far right...
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you, Livio. Your help is appreciated.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Jim,

Are you referring to the writing to the far right on Page 1 or 2?

Page 1 - leaving father Antonio in Saviano

Page 2 - going to husband Luigi Tamburrino at 701 Union St. Brooklyn, NY
To the FAR right there is a notation "pock marked", but that refers to the passenger on the line above Olimpia.

Like Livio, I did not find the other son.

It's interesting that I found Olimpia and Antonio listed on a manifest for August 1911 (the next month) on the SS Moltke, but crossed out. Must have been able to get an earlier boat.

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi T.
I did not see that manifest. Do you think it normal to have the manifest for August already filled out with passenger names? I haven't a clue when these manifests were actually made up.
Also, they would list a 3 year old as a passenger, wouldn't they? I think I have seen 1 year olds. Maybe the other son traveled with a relative. I may never know.
On page 819, there is an enclosure bracket on the far right. It looks like 2 names Antonio and ????? Were you able to read it?

Thank you,

Jim
Jim

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Jim, is this the page you are referring to?
http://www.ellisisland.org/cgi-bin/tif2 ... 18.TIF&S=1
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Livio,
When I click on your image, I end up with a blank screen.

It is the page that lists Tamburrino, Antonio
Jim

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Under Antonio I read Saviano
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Livio,
You are right. I think I was hoping it was Alfredo.
Thank you,

Jim
Jim

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Jim,

That is the column for relative in native country.
father
Antonio
Saviano

(leaving father Antonio in Saviano)
T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Now it all makes sense. I should have been able to reason that out by myself. When I saw Antonio, I only thought of her son. I am feeling foolish.
Thank you for your help and patience. Livio too.

Jim
Jim

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Jim,

Any chance the Alfredo you mentioned was actually born in US?

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Alfredo was born 4 Feb 1908. Olimpia got pregnant as soon as she arrived. Her next son Mario was born 14 Apr 1912. I'm not aware she had ever been in U.S. before 1911. That is the best info I have. I believe it to be accurate.
Mario (Michael) is married to my wife's 1c1r. He is our link to Olimpia.
I am finding (the hard way) that some questions or mysteries may never produce an answer. As difficult as it is, I am starting to accept that. I know that there would be many more unanswered questions in my research if not for the wonderful helpful genealogists on this forum.
Jim

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

OK, do you have this 1920 Census for the Tamburrino family in Oneida?

Father - Louis (Luigi)
Mother - Olympia
children:
Tony (Antonio)
Alfredo
Mario
Also living with them is Julio (Giulio) DeFalco, brother in law.

Alfredo's immigration year is listed as 1912 with Olympia and Tony, yet we found them on 1911 manifest. Just goes to show ya'. Can't always depend on the accuracy of census records :-)

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2682/t ... census.jpg

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi T.
I may have this from a while back when I was doing mostly U.S. research on my wife's family. I do have Julio and that may be where I found him.
I had never pursued this family's origins until I realized there could be a link (in Italy) to the Tamburrino's in S.M. Saviano is not that far away. Wouldn't that be a hoot.
Thank you,

Jim
Jim