Family search: Sagrillo, Tam and Giorgetta

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
msagrillo

Family search: Sagrillo, Tam and Giorgetta

Post by msagrillo »

I am working on my family genalogy and am hitting a dead end on the web prior to 1880's. I am looking for any and all information on the following names:

Sagrillo family from Molvena, Vicenza and the Seren del Grappa, Belluno districts. Specifically Giovanni Maria Sagrillo born in Molvena 07 Apr 1865

Tam and Giorgetta family from Villa di Chiavenna, Sondrio

Also would like to hear from any local people living in Molvena or Villa di Chiavenna.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Marc
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Family search: Sagrillo, Tam and Giorgetta

Post by maestra36 »

Hello and welcome to this forum-

The following is an email address for the anagrafe or registry office in the town of Molvena. You could send them an email (written in Italian) to see if they can provide you with the parents' names of your Giovanni Maria Sagrillo. Give them the date of birth that you have-

anagrafe@comune.molvena.vi.it

To help you with writing in Italian, you can use the following website-

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

Also, I would also do a search of your surnames on www.familysearch.org to see if there are any entries there that may be connected to your ancestry.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

There shouldn't be a space after the word anagrafe and before the word comune
msagrillo

Post by msagrillo »

Thank you for the info. I have already sent them a letter this morning (in Italian) and caught the syntax of the email. I also sent a similar letter to Villa di Chiavenna comune for info on the Tam and Giorgetta family. Hopefully they will at least give me something to go on.

Marc