Forte Colorigh- Udine, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
hippie4jc84

Forte Colorigh- Udine, Italy

Post by hippie4jc84 »

I haven't yet expanded my research past what I can find on the computer, but I'm just trying to see what more I can learn...
The farthest I can go back is to my GGG-grandparents Giovanni (i think) and Teresa Forte. Teresa's tombstone in Joelton, TN says she lived 1830-1917.

I've found a few census pages saying that their son Pietro and his wife Isolina came from (Buia, Udine, ) Italy in 1879 (Nat. in 1884) and settled in TN.

and (I hope this isn't too much all at once) but here's what I have (along with some siblings the more recent it gets):

Giovanni Forte -1890 / Teresa 1830-1917 >
Pietro Forte 1858-1938 / Isolina Colorigh 1860-1940 >
Victor Forte 1891-1977 / Theresa Siebert 1890-1984 >
Anthony Forte 1911-2001 / Lorene Welch 1917-1986 (my grandparents)

So I am curious about the Fortes and the Colorighs as well. The second name sounds Irish to me, but I'm thinking they all came from the same town in Italy.
Thanks for any input/advice!!
~angela
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Forte Colorigh- Udine, Italy

Post by pink67 »

Angela,

there is a very helpful site (just in the case you don't know) for your research:

http://www.friulinprin.beniculturali.it/ita/WebAsud/

and also the Familysearchlab site has helpful databases for Tennessee:
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/rec ... html#start

for example:
The farthest I can go back is to my GGG-grandparents Giovanni (i think) and Teresa Forte. Teresa's tombstone in Joelton, TN says she lived 1830-1917.
check the Tennessee Deaths and Burials, 1874-1955
Teresa Forte's maiden name was Teresa Barachino...

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Victor Forte 1891-1977 / Theresa Siebert 1890-1984 >
from the site:
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/rec ... start.html#

from the database: Tennessee Marriages, 1796-1950:

Groom's name: Victor Thomas Forte
Bride's name: Theresa Edna Subert
Marriage date: 14 january 1910
Marriage place: , Davidson, tennessee

Laura
hippie4jc84

Post by hippie4jc84 »

Thank you so much! I've already learned so much from just one of the sites you mentioned! I'm looking forward to getting into the site for Friuli, but I'll have to do some language translating, that might take me a little longer.. Thanks again!

angela
RachRachG

Post by RachRachG »

Hello! I am new to this board.
I am the great great niece of Anna Louise Seibert Forte and Theresa Edna Seibert Forte. They married brothers Henry Forte and Victor T Forte Sr, who's parents are Rosa and Pietro Forte. My family is the Seibert side. That is also the correct spelling "SEIBERT" in order to trace if you'd like. Seiberts come from Oldenburg Germany, although, Anna and Theresa's mothers side is from Czechoslovakia and Bohemian. If anyone needs help or corrections, please contact me. Also my grandfather is still living, Mr Anthony G Seibert, who is the nephew to Anna, Theresa, Victor and Henry. My papas father was anna and Theresa's brother George Edward that passed in 1976. You are always welcome to email me at RachRachG84@gmail.com
I love finding out about my family's past, and I'd love to get together one day for coffee of anyone would like to meet at a Cracker Barrel or a coffee shop. Thank you!