Rissesco

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Rissesco

Rissesco

Post by Rissesco »

I'm looking for information on the last name "Rissesco". The only thing I really know is that there is a connection to the city of Venice. If anyone might know any information it would be appreciated.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Rissesco

Post by suanj »

Rissesco wrote:I'm looking for information on the last name "Rissesco". The only thing I really know is that there is a connection to the city of Venice. If anyone might know any information it would be appreciated.
Hi:
Rissesco not exist in Italy.. in Venezia area sure in the past was present: Rizzo, Rizzotto, Rizzati, Rizzardo, Rosso, Erizzi, Rizzieri, Rossato, Rossetti, Rossi etc.....
currently exist similar Rosasco in Genova area only... send more info about this person with surname mistaken ...please...
-------suanj
Rissesco

Post by Rissesco »

The only thing that I can guess is that the current spelling is a "Canadianized" spelling of this last name as I understand that my grandfather landed in Canada and an immigration official spelled the name as closely to how he was saying it as they could.

What sort of information would you require?
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Many manifests for the name RESASCO do exist though...

mfjp
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

oops, forgot to include this...

http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellis.html

If you do a "Sounds like (many)" search of the last name only, the results will show you many variations. Don't include the towns name either.

Any sailors in the family?

mfjp
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi: Rosasco and Resasco are similar surname all in Genova area... in Venezia area are RICESSO... is possible this spelling?
suanj