ships from Genova

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Sanguinetti

ships from Genova

Post by Sanguinetti »

I am trying to find out when my great-grandfather Luis Sanguinetti born in 1867 Castelluccio, Italy left for Buenos Aires Argentina. He appears in the 1895 Argentine census married to Teresa Imola from Varzi, Italy.
I would like to find out were I can get a list of passengers that left Italy for Argentina.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: ships from Genova

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello Sanguinetti! :-)

Do you have these addresses? The Immigration Office may have names of incoming Italian passengers.

Ancestry Services In Argentina

ARCHIVES
Archivo General de la Nación
Avenida Leandro N. Alem 246
1003 Buenos Aires
Argentina

IMMIGRATION RECORDS
Centro de Estudios Migratorios Latinoamericanos
Avenida Independencia 20
1099 Capital Federal
Argentina

VITAL RECORDS
Archivo del Registro Nacional del Estado Civil y Capacidad de Las Personas
Jean Jaures 970
1215 Capital Federal
Argentina

SOCIETIES
Academia Americana de Genealogía
French 2262, Piso 4
1125 Buenos Aires
Argentina

Centro de Estudios Genealógicos de Córdoba
Pasaje Chicoana 330
5000 Córdoba
Argentina

Instituto Argentino de Ciencias Genealógicas
Calle Balcarce 1064
1064 Buenos Aires
Argentina

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Haven't used this site but it looks promising...

Immigration records of Argentina

http://www.immigration-records.com.ar/

T.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

who else are you looking for?? ....;byh the way you have to write in Spanish and pay fees...Better off going to www.familias-argentinas.com.ar which is in spanish, english and french languages and can obtain detailed information for you for a fee.

If you just need to check for a name or an address or location for any relative or person then we can do it for you quickly. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There are listings for 12 LUIGI SANGUINETTI arriving in Buenos Aires. Do you happen to know how many years was he in Argentina from Italy when he married?? =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I think I located him as LUIGI SANGUINETTI, born 1867 Italy, arriving on the SS Provence in 1885 at age 18, single. The records do not record the city of origin he came from in Italy nor an occupation other than "day-worker" (jornalero). =Peter=
~Peter~
Aleattco

Post by Aleattco »

The CEMLA www.cemla.com have the records for inmigrantes arriving in Argentina after 1882. If your're looking for a previous period, you have to go personally to the Archivo General de la Nación. The records are not online, and in fact you have to actually look at the original records themselves. NOTE: the records manintained in the Archivo General de la Nación are up to the year 1869. From 1869 to 1882 they're lost/burned.

Argentina had at least 2 census in Century 19. You could try to look up for your ancester in http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html# I found my ancesters there. It also has some Argentine's church records microfiled online
Good luck!
Alejandra
Sanguinetti

Post by Sanguinetti »

Peter, Luis Sanguinetti I think is the first Sanguinetti in Argentina.
The names I am searching starts with Luis Sanguinetti and Teresa Imola, both came from Italy, they had 6 kids all born in Argentina Luis (1889), Angel (1890), Julio (1892), Sara (1894), my grandfather Alfredo (1899) and Eduardo (1900).
I am trying to find out if they traveled together or did they get married in Argentina? did they traveled with anybody else (relatives, his father?)?

The main thing is to find were he came from in Italy what home town, in the 1895 census it said that he is from Castelluccio, Italy, but as you know theres to many Castelluccio in Italy.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There is no record for TERESA IMOLA entering Argentina on the same ship as Luis Sanguinetti.

I checked to make sure that Teresa Imola did not enter Argentina as TERESA SANGUINETTI along with LUIS and she did not appear there either. There is a record that shows a Teresa Sanguinetti arriving in Argentina on February 22,1885 on the SS Nord America which is the same year that Luis entered Argentina but I do not think they are related. =Peter=
~Peter~
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

# Surname SANGUINETTI
# Name TERESA
# Parentela
# Age 27
# Sex F
# Marital status Sposato/a
# Occupation JORNALERO
# Religion Cattolico
# Port of embarkment GENOVA
# Name of the ship NORD AMERICA
# Date of arrival 22-02-1885
# Literacy Non sa
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

http://213.212.128.168/radici/ie/defaultie_e.htm

This is the link for the databank with Italians to Argentina
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Sorry, Peter, I just realized that you posted the same information as I did.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

no problemma! Maestra =Peter=
~Peter~
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Just one thing though, Peter. I have found some of my own married female ancestors, on the same ships as their husbands, from Italy to Argentina under their married and not maiden names. The only ancestor I found under a maiden name was my grandfather's one sister. Her husband was already living in Argentina, and her father accompanied her and her small child born in Sicily to meet up with her husband in Argentina. In that instance, I found her under maiden and not married name.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I forgot to add, Peter, that even her 4 year old daughter had her maiden name on the passenger list and not the surname of her husband, the child's father.