Arquata del Tronto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lmarella

Arquata del Tronto

Post by lmarella »

I am looking for a connection to any of the following surnames originating from the Marche region:

Marella
Lalli
Fontana
Santolini
Durante

Thanks, Linda
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Arquata del Tronto

Post by maestra36 »

Hello and welcome to this forum, Linda.

There are many of us on this forum who would like to help you, but you must first provide us with some specifics like first names of the individuals with the surnames you list above, possible dates for them, did they immigrate to the U.S.?, if they did, do you know where they lived? Do you already have any records for any of these people and if so, specifically what do you have? We don't want to duplicate anything you already know.

http://www.paginebianche.it/index.html

The above is a link for the Italian white pages. You can search each of your surnames there, also putting in the town of Arquata del Tronto. Then you could possibly send letters to the people there with your surnames to see if any are connected to you. You would have to write the letters in Italian and provide them with more specific information than you have posted on this forum. To help you with letter writing in Italian, you can refer to the following website:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The Marche region itself encompasses 5 Provinces and your town is only in one of those provinces.

http://www.provincia.ap.it/Arquata_del_Tronto/

The above is the official website for your town.
wvscorchy

Post by wvscorchy »

Reply to Imarella... I am also researching these surnames...My family was from Colle, a mountain community of Arquata del Tronto... My grandfather was a Soccorsi...his mother was Luisa (Santolini) Soccorsi...some Santolinis came to WV (Corinth, Bretz, Masontown, Morgantown) where there was also Lalli and Ciampanella families who were listed as cousins, uncles, etc. Sabatino Soccorsi married Domenica Ciampanella. I met some Soccorsis from Colle in 2000...they tried to explain that ther was some type of split in family...marriage where wife died young and man remarried(?not sure) ..having two sets of children ... but since Colle is so small, probably still related to some degree. I saw the name Marella listed on some ship manifests from Soccorsi research ...maybe they traveled on same ships from Italy... and Durante is another family related to the Soccorsi family through marriages. Ellis Island records are great place to start research..ship manifests often contained info about where person was from (sometimes including relative name and relationship) and also where they were going (sometimes with name and address of person they were going to see in US) email me @ wvscorchy@hotmail.com if you have more info :)Cindi
jay gulbin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jay gulbin »

My Great great grandmother was Filomena Santolini. She married a Vincenzo Lauri and their son (Lewis Laurie) came to the states and married a Ruth Cline and lived in Beckley, West Virginia.
wvscorchy

Post by wvscorchy »

The mystery man in our family history is Paoloantonio Santolini. We do not know his original surname...Luisa (Santolini) Soccorsi was married to David Soccorsi and had several children before his death. She married Paoloantonio Santolini (he used her maiden name)after David's death in approximately 1900. Paoloantonio was many years younger than Luisa.
lmarella

Post by lmarella »

jay gulbin wrote:My Great great grandmother was Filomena Santolini. She married a Vincenzo Lauri and their son (Lewis Laurie) came to the states and married a Ruth Cline and lived in Beckley, West Virginia.
I have sent you a private message, but will respond here also. Believe that we may be related. My grandmother's maiden name was Santolini. She had sisters , Filomena, Emerinda and Veneranda. Their parents were Francesco and Eurosia(Rosa) Santolini. Rosa's maiden name was also Santolini. Her parents were Luigi Santolini and Lucia Lauri. I grew up in SW PA were my grandparents immigrated to in the 1930s, but now live very close to Beckley, WV. Small world!
campy414

Post by campy414 »

This is a great sight!
I have Ciampanella, Santolini, Soccorsi, Lauri, Lalli and Paolini in my Italian genealogy. But putting them all together has been a mystery. My main line, Ciampanella, consists of my grandfather, Benedetto Ciampanella, dob 10 May 1890 in Colle, Ascoli Piceno, Marche. His father was Massimo. Massimo was born in Arzue del Bront, Ascoli Piceno. He was a butcher. I am "guestimating" his birth year at 1864. He married a Guiditta Santolini, born about 1866 in Colle; their son was Benjamin. Supposedly, Massimo was married twice and to his second family was born Antonio in 1899.
I have a copy of the death record of Anna Santolini and Antonio Ciampanella. It shows at Antonio's death he was married to Giuseppina Paolini. I hope this all makes sense.
I would appreciate any information.
wvscorchy

Post by wvscorchy »

My grandfather was Guido Soccorsi, son of David Soccorsi from Colle. (We met some Soccorsi's in Colle in 2000). We are not sure if they are the decendents of a different mother..David had one wife die young and he remarried. Soccorsis, Ciampanellas, Santolinis still live in Colle...I have relatives who traveled to Colle and met some of them in the last 5 years. Our big mystery is Paoloantonio Santolini... not sure about his last name ..he seems to have used Luisa Santolini Soccorsi's maiden name when he married her. She was married to David Soccorsi...when he was killed, Paoloantonio married her (She was much older) He was supposedly a young boy who attended her wedding to David, and he told people he would marry her someday.

Here is info I have found from Ellis Island records: Sabotino Soccorsi age 22 countryman sailed from Genoa on Hohenzollern August 1903 going to brother Enrico 821(?) Christian Street Philadelphia, PA (also on ship was Vincenzo Lalli Almonte going to his cousin Giuseppi Marella at same address in Philadelphia
Sabbatino Soccorsi age 29 in August 1910 he sailed on Europa from Naples ...he is married was with family in Ascoli Piceno going to brothers and mother in Bretz, VA (also on ship was three Marellas... Barnaba Marella to Corinth, WV Angelo and Ubaldo (sp?) Marella to 821 Christian Street in Philadelphia, PA)
Luigi Soccorsi age 17 farmer laborer was supposed to sail/marked off manifest March 1911 from Naples going to step father Paulantonio Santoline Box 41 Bretz, WV
Luigi Soccorsi age 18 sailed April 1911 sailed on San Giovanni from Naples brother Vito (maybe Guido) in Arquata del Tronto going to mother Luisa Box 41 Bretz, WV
Guido Soccorsi age 17 laborer sailed July 1913 from Genova on Europa mother Luisa Santolini from Arquata Tronto going to brother Sabbatino Box 36 Bretz, WV (also on ship was Pio Lalli age 43 married to Maria Lalli from Arquata Tronto going to Connellsville, PA)
Domenica (Ciampanella) Soccorsi age 25 sailed on Verona from Naples December 1913 father Carmine Ciampanella from Arquata del Tronto husband Sabbatino Soccorsi Box 21 Corinth, WV sailed with daughter Irma (manifest spelling) Soccorsi age 4 (also on ship Teresa (Di --olio) Lalli age 30 father Pietro and 3 sons Vittorio Lalli age5, Pietro Lalli age 4 and Cleonova(sp?) Lalli age 1 Antonio Ciampanella age 40 on ship his wife's name Maddalena)

other Soccorsi names found in Elllis Island records:
Giuseppi Soccorsi sailed October1903 age 27 baker sailed on Germania family from Montereale going to cousin in Pittsburgh, PA
Emielio Soccorsi age 17 sailed on the Lahn April 1903 to brother Giuseppi in Keyser, WV
Guiseppe Soccorsi age25 sailed on Duca Degli Abruzzi from Naples September 1909 father Averieto Soccorsi Arquata del Tronto in US previously 1904/05 going to Fairbank (Fairchance), PA going to stay with friend Mori Natale
Ginadanzi Luiga Soccorsi age 26 sailed on America (1908) December 1918 going to brother Giuseppi Box 47 Uniontown, PA father Aniceto Soccorsi in Ascoli Satriano, Italy
Laura Soccorsi age 22 sailed November 1912 on America from Naples single going to brother Guiseppi Box 558 Uniontown, PA father Aniceto Soccorsi Laura sailed with Guiseppi's wife Adalgisa ... Adalgisa (Lauretani) Soccorsi age 21 wife of Guiseppi from father Raffaelo Arquata del Tronto
Domenico Soccorsi age 28 sailed April 1909 on Chicago from Havre from his wife Francesca in Visso going to friend Feliziano Cerocchi in Huntington, PA
Carmine Soccorsi age 23 peasant sailed June 1903 on Perugia from Naples going to cousin Nunzio Masci Warren, Ohio from Montereale Also on ship Ottairo Masci, going to brother Nunzio Masci in Warren, Ohio Ferdinand DiStefano going to uncle Nunzio Masci and Angelo Gasbarri going to cousin Nunzio Masci
Carmine Soccorsi age 46 and Maddelena Soccorsi (wife) age 47 sailed June 1924 on T s/s Martha Washington from Naples going to brother Berardino Soccorsi 156 Pollar Avenue Youngstown, OH from Antonio Soccorsi in Montereale, Italy (her hometown is listed as Mariglianol_l) (sp?)
Ernesto Soccorsi age 36 married laborer sailed October 1920 on Argentia from Naples form his father Antonio Montereale, Italy to cousin Carmine Soccorsi 420 March Street Girard, OH
Celestino Soccorsi age 19 sailed February 1902 on Liguria from Naples from Montereale going to Box 98 Ohiopyle, PA to cousin Domenico several others from Montereale going to Ohiopyle, PA including Giuseppi Benetta going to his brother Domenico at same address
Ernesto Soccersi age 36 marked off manifest of U.S.A.T. Logan October 1920 from Naples from father Domenico in Montereale, Italy to cousin Carmine Soccorso 420 Market Street Youngstown, OH
Camillo Socorsi age 24 sculptor December 1894 on Alesia sailing from Naples from Messena to New York
Note: There are many Soccorso names listed on Ellis Island records..I have not checked them
Santolini Ellis Island Information

Luisa (Santolini) Soccorsi was married to David Soccorsi and had several children before his death. She married Paoloantonio Santolini (used her maiden name)after David's death in approximately 1900.

Roberto Santolini age 27 sailed February 1902 on SS Lahn from Genoa from Arquata going to 821 Christian St. Pihladelhia,PA also on board ship Nuzio Santolini age 32 from Ascoli Picena to brother in law 821 Christian St Philadelphia, PA Nuzio Santolini age 38 from Arquata to cousin Dom Lalli, 821 Christian St. Philadelphia, PA Francesco Santolini age 36 Ascoli Piceno... Salvatore Marella age 41, Gio Batta (sp?) Marella age 33, Santi Marella age 16 (all going to cousin in Philadelphia, PA) and Ferdinando Ciampanella age 41 going to cousin in Philadelphia, PA
Domenica Santolini age 17 sailed October 1902 on Trave from Genoa going to uncle in Philadelphia, PA
Francesco Santolini (Luisa's brother?) age 33 sailed May 1903 on Napolitan Prince from Naples from Arquata del Tronto to cousin Giuseppi Lalli in Morgantown, WV sailed again August1913 on Europa from Naples from wife Eurona in Arquata to nephew Luigi Soccorsi Bretz, WV also on ship Carmine Ciampanella from daughter Enrica to brother Luigi in Martinsburg, WV
Rinaldo Santolini age 40 sailed September 1903 on Hohezollern from Genoa from Accumoli. Italy (Occumoli on manifest) manifest info does not match his manifest passenger number..did not find detailed info
Paolantonio Santolini age 28 sailed with Ginesco Soccorsi age 18 on SS Liguria July 1907 from Naples from Colle to son Sabatino 821 Christian St. Philadelphis, PA Ginesco going to brother Enrico also living at 821 Christian Street in Philadelphia, PA also on ship Quinto Lalli father Gioauhico(sp?) from Arquata del Tronto going to brother Ereole Lalli 810 Webster Ave. Pittsburgh, PA
Luisa Santolini (Luisa Lantihini on ship manifest) age 49 sailed March 1908 on Duca Degli Abruzzi from Naples she was visiting son Enrico in Colle going to husband Paolanto Santolini Box 34 Corinth, WV
Gaetano Santolini age 20 sailed on San Giorgio from Naples from father Francesco Colle, Ascoli Piceno going to brother in law Vincecuro (sp?) Almonte Box 1 Corriganville, MD
Vincenso Santolini age42 sailed May 1913 on Taormina from Naples wife Lucia going to cousin Ereole Lalli Corinth, WV also sailing on ship ... Berardino Soccorsi (Berardino Saccorti when looking up by ship name) age 43 from wife Angela in Arquata to bro in law Goto(sp?) Marella 821 Christian St. Philadelphia, PA ... Effore Santolini age 21 from father Oraris Arquata to cousin Annibole Ciampanella Bretz,WV .... Clemente Santolini age 25 from father and wife Rosa to cousin Augusto Ciampanella Pittsburgh(?),PA .... Vincenso Lalli age 17from father Antonio Arquata to brother Paolo Connellsville, PA and ....Solvestro Marella age 30 from brother Umberto Arquata to brother Enridio(sp?) Connellsville, PA G.Battista Marella age 26 to cousin Angelo Marella Philadelphia, PA Gregorio Seccorso age 37 from Castelfransi, Italy
Lucia (Santolini) Marella sailed July 1913 on Europa from Genova with two sons Ceasare Marella age 17 and Umberto Marella age 14 from brother in law Pietro Marella Arquata del Tronto going to husband Maito Marella Philadelphia, PA Luigi Marella age 18 to Connellsville, PA also on ship Basilio Ciampanella age 43 from wife Lucia Ciampanella Arauata del Tronto to cousin Antonio Lalli Corinth, WV Giovanni Ciampanella age 31 from wife Antonia Ciampanella Arquata del Tronto going to cousin Paolo Lalli Connellsville, PA and Marco Ciampanella age 19 from father Giovanni to brother Augusto Ciampanella 927-929 South Eighth St Philadelphia, PA Pio Lalli wife Maria going to cousin Silvestro Ciampanella 122 West Main St. Connellsville, PA sailed with Guido Soccorsi
Paolo Santolini age 40 sailed January 1920 on SS America from Naples from sister Laura Arquata going to stepson Luigi Soccorsi Box 132 Masontown, WV traveling with wife Luisa age 60 (Med hold for physical and mental noted on manifest) from sister in law in Arquata to son in Masontown,WV and Elena age 21 from aunt in Arquata to brother in Masontown, WV

Pagliari Ellis Island information (My grandmother's maiden name)

Giovanni Pagliari age 22 sailed June 1901 on Calabria from Naples single from Accumoli, Italy laborer going to cousin G. D'Antonio 60 Mulberry Street NYC, NY Giuseppi D'Angelo age 24 from Accumoli also sailed to cousin B. D'Antonio at same address
campy414

Post by campy414 »

I am totally blown away with all your information. Thank you! This will take me some time to connect to my families. So many familiar names...so many cousins! Bless you.
wvscorchy

Post by wvscorchy »

My cousin has found much more info than I have. Hopefully this info will get you started and then you can help us cross-reference info with our family information. I live in WV..Where do you live? My info from Ellis Island may be confusing to read...I may list name,sailing from ....., ship name, "from" info (name of relative and origin city) date of travel, destination info, including name and adress of relative/friend ... and sometimes mentioning other friends/family traveling on same ship (ie. there might be 6 people traveling from Arquata (del Tronto) to US on same ship..and in a small town like Colle, you know they are friends or relatives traveling together). If you have any questions, I will try to answer. :)
campy414

Post by campy414 »

I have so many names and so much to connect. I spent most of the day working on the Lalli, Ciampanella, Laurie, Santolini lines. I do know they were all cousins. Did find lots of old notes I had, mostly written in Italian, but have been able to decifer most of them. Will keep you posted. Am a "died in the sun" Californian! Is your cousin by chance Corine???
I have Paoloantonio Santolini born in 1880 in Italy. Info from 1910 US Census Record. Wife Luisa (Louise) Santolini. Also have Laura as a sister to Paoloantonio. Does this help you?
wvscorchy

Post by wvscorchy »

AHHH! We were wondering if he was a Santolini or had taken his wife's maiden name when he married her...he was 20 years younger than Luisa...On his birth info...do you have date/place of birth in addition to just the 1880 year of birth? And...yes my cousin is Corine ...she is the one who has found the most information about our ancestors. Thanks for this info!
campy414

Post by campy414 »

I also got the info for Paoloantonio Santolini and Luisa (Louise) Santolini from New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957. Am still working on gathering info anywhere I can. Emailed some families in Italy regarding their family trees. Hope to hear back from them soon. Kim
bill52pa

Post by bill52pa »

Hello,

My name is Bill Colacicco. This is more related to coincidence than connection of names. I just joined this site atempting to look for records relating to my grandfather Antonio Colacicco. I did not uncover anything here so I thought I would search for the ship's name the Duca Degli Abbruzzi. Lo and behold I ended up here. He arrived on the 10th of May 1909 and I can see a ref to that year here. He came from Ausino, Caserta. The other amazing thing is that you cite Christian St in South Philly. That is where my grnadfather lived so he could have been neighbors. I spent a lot of my youth there. I now live in England.
I just thought that might be of interest to someone and strile up a link.
Thanks for listening.
Bill