ROSE BOTTINO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Nikki4189

ROSE BOTTINO

Post by Nikki4189 »

I have been DESPERATELY trying to find a record of my Nana's birth. She is the youngest child and the rest of her brothers and sisters birth certificates are found easily online. Her maiden name was Rose Bottino. She was born April 21st, 1930. Most likely in Streator, IL or Chicago, IL. I am so desperate and I appreciate any help or guidance. Thank you so much in advance,especially those who helped me in my previous post. I cannot thank you enough!
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: ROSE BOTTINO

Post by maestra36 »

There should be info on the following website to help you with ordering the birth record

http://www.idph.state.il.us/vitalrecord ... _faq.htm#1
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Are you certain of your info?

Is this the family's 1930 census? Dorr Township. McHenry County, IL; family members

Peter, aged 38 head of household
Mary, aged 33, Peter's sister
Joseph, aged 13, nephew
Margaret, aged 9, niece
James, aged 5, nephew
Michael, aged 4, nephew
Lois, aged 1 year 1 month, neice

Full page: http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz12 ... census.jpg
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

PS: Notice also that Peter's surname is Buttino with a "u" while the others are Bottino. Possibly a clue...
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Nikki4189

Post by Nikki4189 »

No unfortunately thats not their census. My nana wasnt yet born in the 1930 census, so I was able to find her families. They were under BEATTINO, which is a mispell. However I looked under every possible mispelling of her last name and NODDA. How could ancestry or the other websites not have here? any suggestions? Thank you again
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Actually, it is somewhat rare to be able to find US birth certificates online; for the documents which are online, indexes are often corrept making searching difficult. You are lucky to have done as well as you apparently have with the grandmother's siblings.

Frankly, I think maestra36 hit it squarely on the head - your best bet is to simply order a copy from Illinois vital records. You seem to have enough information for a successful records search.
Carmine