Dilorenzo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
baker1

Dilorenzo

Post by baker1 »

Sorry it has taken so long to respond. I am trying to find ancestral history where he came from. I would like to be able to find out if he had brothers or sisters who came here to the US. None of my living relatives have any of that info. He died when I was very young and wasn\'t able to find out anything. That would at least be a start.
ptimber
Master
Master

Dilorenzo

Post by ptimber »

It is easier if you resubmit from the beginning since it would take a while to hunt down your previous submission. Peter
baker1

Dilorenzo

Post by baker1 »

Peter,
<BR>Thank you in advance for your assistance. I am trying to locate familiy both here in USA and in Italy. I am also trying to locate ancestral history for both my grandfather and grandmother. Here is what I have been able to locate so far.
<BR>
<BR>Andrea DiLorenzo - arrived in USA February 28, 1901 age upon arrival 21, single. Ship - Victoria....S.Agata Residence
<BR>Grandfather stated on his application to enter he is from Graguano.
<BR>Departed Naples
<BR>
<BR>Also he returned to Italy in July 1914 and returned back to the US
<BR>October 29, 1914.
<BR>
<BR>Also would like to find info on Grandmother...Lucia Coppola,
<BR>Date of arrival July 2, 1902 Place of Residence Casola
<BR>age upon arrival 21
<BR>Arrived on the Sicilia
<BR>
<BR>Thank you again for any direction you can give...
<BR>Judy
<BR>
ptimber
Master
Master

Dilorenzo

Post by ptimber »

Are you certain he came from Garguano?????Ellis island records show Sant\'Agata Priglia, province of Foggia. Please clarify. In the meantime gp top www.paginebianche.com and insert the surnames you are interested in and the town of origin in the third line for possible rel;atives who have the same surname you are interested in. Can you specify what specific information you are seeeking>? Current relatives?, deceased relatives?, documents and what kind..birth.marriage,death or family composition certificates (certificato di Stato di Famiglia?? Please come up with research objectives so that I can direct you accordignly. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Dilorenzo

Post by ptimber »

Perhaps thisd will assist you in coming up with the correct town of rigin for Andrea Di Lorenzo. Sant\'Agata di Puglia is in the province of Foggia in the Puglia region while Guagnano is in the province of Lecce also in the puglia region and has a postal code of 73010. DFo you happen to know from what province your Andrea Di Lorenzo came from??> Peter
baker1

Dilorenzo

Post by baker1 »

All that I know at this time is what is on the original manifest. It states both s.Agata Puglia and Garguno on the original....
<BR>What I would like to find out is if he had any siblings and family origins. At least that would be a start....I had always been told that his side of the family was from Naples.....
<BR>
<BR>Thanks
<BR>Judy
ptimber
Master
Master

Dilorenzo

Post by ptimber »

If you go to wwww.paginebianche.it and put in the surnames CVoppola and then DFi Lorenzo and in the third line put in Casola you will ghet a listing for two Casola in the Naples area. In one of the towns Coppola and Di Lorenzo surnames are both listed. I am assuming they were married in Italy since you don\'t say when or where they were married. Peter