Searching for Naturalization Documents of Joseph Cusmano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Searching for Naturalization Documents of Joseph Cusmano

Post by siskojnash »

I am looking for downloads of the naturalization documents of Joseph Cusmano. He was born on October 1, 1904 and died May 10, 1990 in Pennsylvania. I think he was born in Palermo, but Castelbuono might make more sense.
He emigrated on the San Giorgio in April 1909 to New York. His parents were Vincent and Rosemarie, or Rosa, Cusimano. By the time he got a social security number, he had his name legally changed to Joseph Cusmano. He may have been naturalized in 1939 or 1940.
He had five siblings: Louis, Carmelo, Santo, Jack, and Anna. He married a woman named Marguerite and had 4 children with her, 3 of whom are alive today. His daughters were Priscilla, Rosemary, and Joanne. I'm not sure about the name of the brother, I think it was. I would also like to find out about his wife, since I know nothing except her name. Thank you.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Re: Searching for Naturalization Documents of Joseph Cusmano

Post by siskojnash »

Is it possible that the documents could be available on microfilm only, or do you think everything's available online?
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

I still haven't had any luck finding these naturalization documents. I have searched both Footnote and Ancestry for these documents. I came across a Joseph Cusmano for these documents with a picture, but it was a different one. Does anyone know if there are other sites around that are good for downloading Naturalization documents? I love all the information that they give about people.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

I am also trying to find out more about his brothers, especially Santo Cusimano. Joseph had his name changed. Santo was born in 1912 in New York, I think. I would especially like to find out if there is a newspaper article about how he died, since my fiancee's cousin asked about it. He was supposedly working in a store and was shot and killed because he had a problem opening the register. I have no idea when he died.
I would also like to be able to find out when some of his brothers died, and how, if that info is available. Louis Cusimano was born in 1908 in Sicily, possibly Castelbuono. Carmelo was born in 1910 in New York. I think I used the census to get these birth dates.
There's also another brother, Jack, but I already have his birth and death dates, and a sister, Anna, who is still alive. Since she's my fiancee's grandmother, I already know a bit about her.