Additional Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bhammilazzo

Additional Translation

Post by bhammilazzo »

Good Morning,

Yesterday I made more progress on my Italian Genealogy research than I have in 6 months. I am hoping I can impose once again to confirm the research I made with another translation. Hopefully to confirm my findings. Attached is the Marriage record for:

Natale Milazzo
Born 1832

and

Angela Piazza
Born 1834

If I can get any names of the mother and father of both, or any other info I would be very grateful.

Please see the attached record from Bisaquino, San Giovanni Battista records of marriages from 1838-1861.

bhammilazzo
dmoct

Re: Additional Translation

Post by dmoct »

Archivio di Stato di Palermo:

archivi.beniculturali.it/ASP

e-mail: aspa@archivi.beniculturali.it

Comune di Bisacquino:

www.comune.bisacquino.pa.it/

e mail: info.comune.bisacquino.pa.it
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

www.tuttitalia.it/sicilia/92-bisacquino and scroll down to MUNICIPIO for address of the UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE (vital stats office) and send form letters in english if unable to write in Italian.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

=Peter=
~Peter~
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The father of the groom-his first name looks like Caietani from the Latin Caietanus. Like the Italian first name Gaetano which is usually Thomas or Guy in English. The mother's first name Ignatia (in Italian Ignazia). Not sure of mother's maiden name yet. I believe the title Maestro is abbreviated in front of the father's first name, which would mean he was a master of his trade. Not sure if that is the same word in Latin.

The bride's father is Ioannes which is John in English. He also appears to have the same title preceding his name as does the groom's father. Still working on bride's mother's name.
dmoct

Post by dmoct »

SEGRETARIO COMUNALE. Dott.ssa Vincenza Gaudiano retribuzione curriculum - tel.0918308025 e mail: info.comune.bisacquino.pa.it
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I think the bride's mother's first name is Vincentia which is like Vincenza in Italian and English. The feminine equivalent of Vincent. It means "conquering" or "winner."
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Ignazia's last name is Nicolosi
dmoct

Post by dmoct »

Io ho trovato : Angela Alfonza Piazza ...

Birth:
18 APR 1834 Bisacquino, Palermo, Italy
Christening:
19 APR 1834 Bisacquino, Palermo, Italy

Parents:
Father: Giovanni Piazza
Mother: Vincenza di Liberto
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I still can't figure out the first letter of the bride's mother's maiden name to help me determine what the name was.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I guess you now have her last name which is di Liberto
bhammilazzo

Post by bhammilazzo »

Thank you for all the links, suggestions and names. I was able to ad at least one generation of family on my genealogy. To see dates in the early 1800s is amazing to me and my mother.

I am absolutely amazed at how willing all of you are to help me. Your generosity of you time is very appreciated by me and my Italian side of the family. Now I'll have to get to work on grand mothers Tripi side of the family.
Now my dads Irish side is jealous!

Thank you for everything!

Bhammilazzo