given name help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

given name help

Post by dragoni »

having a hard time figuring out the given name of the deceased. help would be appreciated.

tommaso
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: given name help

Post by Tessa78 »

Tommaso,

Is there any way you can get a clearer image? When I enlarge this one it is so fuzzy I can't read it.

T.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

because i scanned it at 400 dpi it's a big file which i had to reduce to post. i could try to crop it or forward the original via email. i'll work on cropping the original first. thanks.

tommaso
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

here is less of the text at the original scanned quality. the individual was identified as raimondo di nocera. the given name does not look like raimondo to me.

tommaso

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

last attempt to post a version with larger text but under size restrictions.ugh.

tommaso
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

First name looks like it could Eugenio...

T.
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

The name in the picture is Erasmo.
L.
dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dragoni »

thanks to both of you. i was stumped with the given name.

sorry i couldn't post other records from the same processetti but they were all too large. that would have helped sort through some of the letters when comparing it with other words in those documents. i am fairly certain that the letter going below the line is an "s" based on those documents so i think erasmo is the right fit.

now the problem is he is identified as raimondo felice in the death record for his son and in other processetti and in this one, the only other document i have which references him, he is known as erasmo. just when i thought i was finished...

mille grazie.

tommaso