Gabrielli/Garibaldi Family/Pieve Di Brancoli, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Nataliea

Gabrielli/Garibaldi Family/Pieve Di Brancoli, Italy

Post by Nataliea »

Hi All! My name is Natalia. I'm in search of my family in Pieve Di Brancoli, Italy. My GG Grandfather's name is Felice Gabrielli (B. APPROX 1847) and his wife Felicita Bottini (Gabrielli) immigrated to the US, Sacramento CA Area. They had 5 Children: FIORE(I) Gabrielli, MARY Gabrielli (GARIBALDI), John Gabrielli, Antonio Gabrielli, Joseph Gabrielli.

Any help will be appreciated. I have no living family to assist me in my search for family in Italy. Thanks again! :D
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Gabrielli/Garibaldi Family/Pieve Di Brancoli, Italy

Post by pink67 »

Welcome to the forum Natalia :D

Just in the case you don't know, you'll find fews articles about your ancestors on this site:

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/

Was Pellerrino Gabrielli a relative?

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... acgabr.htm

Laura

on this page you'll find Felice Gabrielli's death dates... do you have his death certificate?

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxCIQyS
joedes

Post by joedes »

I am going to Italy next week. I have relations that came from Brancoli and I want to go there to take some picts. I'll email them to you if you like. I have been to Lucca a few times, but our crowd came from Brancoli which is away up the mountain.

His name was Giovanni Gaddi b.1844 and came to San Francisco b 1868. He married a Rosa Stichetti, I think in Italy.They returned to Brancoli and between 1883-1888 Rosa died. Gio remarried Caselli and returned to California.

I have not been able to find that name Stichetti on anything and think this may be a misspelling. It may be Stacchetti, but that name is very uncommon and not around Lucca at all. I would like to learn more about my Grt. Grandmother Rosa Stacchetti (?). There was some sort of financial assistance that came to her all her life. The family story is that she was the illegitamate child of Royalty...but then again, aren't we all :wink: ?!?!

Any help Pink? - Joe
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Joe
First of all, you need to start a new thread with your information by clicking on the new topic option on the bottom left so that those of us on this forum can help you with your ancestry. As to the surname, I think it was Stocchetti. Currently there is no one in Lucca in the current Italian white pages with that surname, but there was one individual who came from Lucca with that surname on www.ellisislandrecords.org. When I accessed the original passenger list, the name was clearly spelled as Stocchetti. I think this is the spelling for which you are searching.