I'm Italian, now what?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
mtpizzo

I'm Italian, now what?

Post by mtpizzo »

I quit
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Re: I'm Italian, now what?

Post by AmyT »

Ok, while I have absolutely NO answers for you I have to comment!

I thought your subject line was hilarious first, and second, anything that complicates my taxes anymore than they already are isn't worth the envy to me! :lol: I'm glad it makes you happy though, congratulations.
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
emiroirausquin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by emiroirausquin »

You got good questions. Here is a page that will answer a LOT of them.
http://www.italiamerica.org/id71.htm

Emiro!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear matthew you can go two routes. One is find out when you run into something you should have done and got "caught" or go to www.italianlaw.net and ask an Italian law oriented attorney these questions which he cane answer inshort order and satisfy your need and curiousity. I would opt for an attorney and ask him a liost of question you have prepared. If you lsuiten to eople they tell you all sortsof things some true, some true but "not in your case", some "I heards" and finally "Oh no you cannot do that" Oh yes you can go to Italy and pick up a Lamborghini for a song". You thenput yourself in a position of saying to you and some official Oh I was under the impression...........! Do yourself a favor and ask an expert and then you can be thebig shot givingout advice and it will be accurate. Peter
mtpizzo

Post by mtpizzo »

I quit
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

I am bumping this for you on the off-chance that you and Peter were posting at the same time and his wasn't the link you were speaking of.
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

How old are you?.......... I have teenage sons who would have put more forthought into this decision. You didn't stop to think that these
questions needed answers beforehand, by a professional?

Your dad needs dentures, so hey, let's become Italian citizens and get free
medical, and while your getting new choppers, I'll scope out the local babes! Boy, won't my buds be envious!!!!!!

As for being anti-climatic, what did you expect, fireworks and a five piece
band?

I don't find your post funny, but insulting.

wldspirit

p.s. while your searching for the implications of your new citizenship and how to best benefit from it, look up the meaning of the words HERITAGE and PRIDE.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Mathew your fired! so you can't quit. Put that inyour hairdo and comb it. Peter