Saltariche Family History

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
grayjansen

Saltariche Family History

Post by grayjansen »

Information sought regarding the Saltariche family that were originally from Ragusa La Vieja, Sicily. Many thanks!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Saltariche Family History

Post by PeterTimber »

There is a Salatric from Raguse Austria listed in the ellisisland,.org website but since you say Sicily can you clarify the spelling and provide more accurate information? =Peter=
~Peter~
grayjansen

Post by grayjansen »

My Saltariche line goes back to a Gabriel Satarich who was born abt. 1780 in Ragusa La Vieja, Sicily. He married a Santina Nasno. The original name was given as Gabmel Saltavich, however, the script of the day could lead to the letters "r" and "i" together being transcribed as "m" and the letter "r" being transcribed as the letter "v". The name eventually became Saltariche when the family settled in Gibraltar. Graham
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi grayjansen, I agree with Peter....
you sure that the birth town was Ragusa in Sicily and not Ragusa ( also the old city is named: Ragusa Vecchia) in Croatia? Any spelling of your surname is not in Ragusa and in all Sicily area, but in Ragusa, Croatia was: Saltarich/Saltaric surname spelling..
Also Nasno exist not in Italy... it are not italian surnames......
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
JulesNYC

Post by JulesNYC »

Hello
I am a Saltariche, my father's mother lived in Gibraltar. My father was born in San Roque, Spain. (He passed away in 1998) He was one of 4 brothers and one sister.
I moved to NYC in 1996 and married so my last name is no longer Saltariche.
GrayJansen, are you a Saltariche also?
Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

http://www.croatians.com/1aPERU-SOCIETY%20LIST.htm

SALTARIC - SALTARICH

ANTONIO SALTARIC, llegó al Perú en el año 1,910, fue comerciante en el Callao y se hizo socio de la Sociedad Slava de Beneficencia, de Lima. Aportó económicamente para los niños huérfanos de Split.

MATEO SALTARIC, entre los años, 1,925-1,930, en Yauli tuvo las minas de oro: TAN y LA UNION.

SALTARIC, en la ciudad de Oxapampa, fue propietario de un fundo agrícola y gran ecologista defensor del medio ambiente, que siempre se vestía de verde. Asimismo, tenía amplios conocimientos culturales, que tuve la oportunidad de escuchar sus inagotables temas de conversación.

Luis Saltarich, huanuqueño, en Lima fue propietario del restaurant costumbrista, ASI ES MI TIERRA y actualmente en la localidad de Tomayquichua (Huánuco), es dueño de un hostal-restaurant.
Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

Croatia
http://imenik.tportal.hr/show

SALTARIC ANTUN
Map Prijevor donji 47
20236 Prijevor
020 453137

SALTARIC BOŽO
Map Dra?evo selo 5
20236 Prijevor
020 455019

SALTARIC BOŽO
Map Bra?e Cviji?a 32
10000 Zagreb
01 3834219

SALTARIC DORIS
Map Prijevor donji 47
20236 Prijevor
098 1853954

SALTARIC IVANA
Map Od izvora 61
20236 Nova Mokošica
020 452264

SALTARIC IVO
Map Bartola Kaši?a 23
20236 Nova Mokošica
098 765359

SALTARIC IVO
Map Dra?evo selo 4
20236 Prijevor
020 451759

SALTARIC MARE MAJA
Map Dra?evo selo 5
20236 Prijevor
020 452609

SALTARIC MARIJA
Map Bartola Kaši?a 18
20236 Nova Mokošica
020 452039

SALTARIC TOMI
Map Marka Marojice 11
20000 Dubrovnik
020 333350

SALTARIC TOMO
Map Bartola Kaši?a 23
20236 Nova Mokošica
020 451678

SALTARIC VICKO
Map Put Prijevora 17
20236 Prijevor
020 452357

SALTARIC VISKO VINKO
Map Dra?evo selo BB
20236 Prijevor
020 452680

SALTARIC ANTUN, auto taxi
Map Dra?evo selo BB
20236 Prijevor
098 243349
janetking

Post by janetking »

Hi my maiden surname is saltariche- my family come from gibraltar- I live in England. I thought our surname originated from sicilly but my sister recently told me that it originated from majorca. It sounds italian I think. Any ideas on how we can trace?
JulesNYC

Post by JulesNYC »

My grandmother was from Gibraltar Janet. I wouldn't be surprised if we are related :D
janetking

Post by janetking »

I was made aware that anyone with our surname belongs to the same family-
My grandmothers name was Teresa and my grandfather George - I think I know most of the Saltariche family-
grayjansen

Post by grayjansen »

Hi to everyone that has replied to my enquiry regarding the Saltariche's and apologies for not replying sooner only I have not been back on this website for quite a while. I'm afraid I am unable to read the posts from Michael 31 due to the fact that it is not in English. I'd been grateful if someone could translate for me please? Jules NYC, I most probably have your family listed in my records somewhere. I'm still in touch with a member of the Saltariche family who lives in San Roque and I'm hoping to meet her next week when I visit Gibraltar. Janet, your Grandparents must be Jorge Saltariche and Teresa Molla? If so, I met some of your family when I visited Gibraltar last year? I will look forward to hearing more from you all.
Olivo

Post by Olivo »

Hi Janet! I am Eileen Saltariche (maiden name) and I am Jules cousin. Our fathers were brothers. I too was told by my father that anyone with that name are related to each other. I met Graham a few weeks ago when we had a coffee in Gibraltar, and he has done some amazing research into the family name. Be interesting to compare some notes on how we could be related! :)
mbmackin

Post by mbmackin »

Hi, my great great grandmother was Dominga Saltariche. She was born in Gibraltar on September 25, 1832. She died in 1897 in Jersey City, NJ and was burried at Holy Name Cemetery in Jersey City on May 28, 1897. Her parents were Antonio Saltarich b. in Ragusa, LaVieja, Sicily and Maria Teresa Rocco b. in Valez, Malaga, Spain. Antonio's parents were Gabriel Saltarich b. 1780 in Ragusa, La Vieja, Sicily and Santina Nasno. Dominga married a John Thorpe and they had a daughter Louisa who was born in Bengal, India(Dominga is buried with Louisa.) John apparently died in India and she married my great great grandfather John Green on April 24, 1865 at Fort William, Calcutta, India. Together they had five children. Alice, b. at sea in 1865, James Bernard. (my great grandfather) b. 1867 in England, John Charles b. 1870 England, Francis Joseph b. 1873 England, and Henry Edward b. 1875 England. Dominga, James, John, Francis and Henry emigrated to New Jersey USA approximately 1894. Any additional information regarding the Saltariche family would be greatly appreciated.