Birth Record Help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Birth Record Help

Post by donnawright »

Here's what I see. Please help identify the missing pieces. My problems are in the second half... about the mother.

1. Father: Francesco Mazza.

The rest is all about the bottom half... bambina
1. Nata da L_________________
2. Line under #2 above. Anni_____________
3. e da I think it says Angela Gallo, but then what follows?
4. di anni: Venti twenty
5. Profession of the mother

I tried three different ways to link...not sure exactly how to do this. Hopefully done correctly.

Donna

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3417 ... format.jpg

http://yfrog.com/5nmariarosamazzajpgformatj
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record Help

Post by maestra36 »

Donna
The image is way too small. I tried importing it into a photo program and zooming it on it, but then it was out of focus. Maybe someone who has uploaded their documents to the forum can give you advice on how to upload yours so that it can be magnified. As it is now, it can't be read or translated.
Peg
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Donna,

I agree with Peg...tried to view it as an enlargement and it distorts horribly... Only able to see the profession of mother as "filatrice" - spinner

You can try uploading to www.imageshack.com
After you upload, copy the "Direct link code" and paste it in your post...

T.
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

Thanks Peg and Tessa. I am attempting to attach the original file without any editing. Perhaps that's the best way. Tessa, I did upload to imageshack and did the direct link code, and the image is still small. I don't know why...must be related somehow to how I am saving it.

I snapped it off a tif file of images scanned at the FHC and saved as jpg then uploaded. So, I'll try the original unedited version.

I have done this with other images and, when printing out, I get a full 8.5 x 11 page. With this one, I get a small image. Something's screwy and I don't know what
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Donna
The image is still too small. Importing it into a photo program and using a hand held magnifying glass, all I can make out is the following:

the year was 1841, the month was April, date of the record ends in dici, so the day of the record is in the teens, but the child was born yesterday, (but since I can't read the record date, I don't know what date yesterday is), the mother's first name is Angiola (which is Angela). Her last name is 5 letters long and possibly the surname you saw, but I am not sure. She was 20 years old, as was her husband, Francesco Mazza; the child was born at 6 P.M. (it says diciotto). The baby's name was Maria Rosa. The mother's occupation was filatrice like T already stated.

I can't read the baptism second of the record on the right side at all.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

I can also see that the document was dated at 4 P.M. I see the word sedici.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Donna
I should clarify something. Since the date of the record ends in "dici," the date in April has to be the 11th though the 16th. You probably already know this.
Peg