Mingori

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Mingori

Post by suanj »

sumner wrote:Raffaella:

I received a second e-mail from Boretto this morning. And as I suspected, it appears Giovanni did have a marriage before Antonia:

Oggetto: Mingori Giovanni – Boretto 28/10/1834

Con la presente si comunica quanto reperito dalla consultazione delle schede di famiglia conservate presso l’archivio di questo Comune:

Mingori Giovanni – Carlo e Cantoni Antonia- Boretto 28/10/1834

coniugato in prime nozze con

Tosi Maria – di Luigi e Re Lucia – nata a Boretto il 14/08/1835, deceduta a Boretto il 16/11/1870

FIGLI

* Mingori Daniele – Boretto 27/02/1858 –
* Mingori Adelmo – Boretto 20/02/1861 deceduto a Boretto il 01/09/1861
* Mingori Carlo – Boretto 04/04/1864 – deceduto a Boretto il 02/06/1873
* Mingori Diomira – Boretto 25/04/1866
* Mingori Iraide – Boretto 07/09/1868 – deceduta a Boretto il 07/09/1869
* Mingori Iraide – Boreto 11/04/1870 – deceduta a Boretto il 08/09/1877

coniugato in seconde nozze con

Dosi Antonia – di Francesco e Longhi Rosa – nata a Boretto il 07/03/1842

FIGLI

* Mingori Artemia – Boretto 30/11/1872- deceduta a Boretto il 08/12/1872
* Mingori Claudio –Boretto 12/06/1875 – deceduto a Boretto il 26/05/1878
* Mingori Romilde – Boretto 31/05/1878
* Mingori Francesco – Boretto 11/04/1881.

La famiglia composta da Mingori Giovanni, Mingori Daniele, Mingori Diomira , Dosi Antonia , Mingori Romilde e Mingori Francesco risultano emigrati in America nel giugno 1886.

Con osservanza.

Wow! This connects many of the Mingori immigrants that I have been tracking.

- Randy
Hi Randy, wonderful!!! Finally, really Francesco two marriages... I happy for you.. and, you can to descover the descendants of brothers and sisters of Francesco?? Saluti dall'Italia!(regards from Italy9!!
:wink: Raffaella
sumner
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sumner »

I am not familiar with some of the names listed as children of Giovanni. So I was wondering if these names are male or female:

Adelmo

Diomira

Iraide

Artemia

Can anybody provide any assistance?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Randy:

Adelmo=MALE

Diomira=FEMALE

Iraide=FEMALE

Artemia=FEMALE
:wink: suanj
sumner
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sumner »

Rafaella: I ordered a microfilm of Boretto records from 1860-1865 since I knew I would find a birth record for Adelmo if nothing else. And I was surprised to find a death record for the father of Giovanni named Carlo Mingori. But I am having a tough time trying to understand the information in the record. The handwriting is very difficult to decipher. I cannot even see how old he was at the time of his death. Here is a link to the record:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/attac ... Record.jpg

Can you help me out once again? I am also having a tough time trying to understand who all these other people are that have their names and ages listed.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

sumner wrote:Rafaella: I ordered a microfilm of Boretto records from 1860-1865 since I knew I would find a birth record for Adelmo if nothing else. And I was surprised to find a death record for the father of Giovanni named Carlo Mingori. But I am having a tough time trying to understand the information in the record. The handwriting is very difficult to decipher. I cannot even see how old he was at the time of his death. Here is a link to the record:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/attac ... Record.jpg

Can you help me out once again? I am also having a tough time trying to understand who all these other people are that have their names and ages listed.
Hi:

" Mingori Carlo fu Antonio( son of Antonio died) act numer 61:
year 1861 this day 7 August in front of me underwrite doctor Giovanni Bandieri, Major of Boretto Common, district of Guastalla(town), Reggio province, are appearances the Mr Costante son of defunct Carlo, of age 30 (Costante 30 old), follow: Giovanni Mai son of Carlo (son of Carlo Maj) near of house, of age 70 (Giovanni Mai 70 old), farmer, togheter ( Giovanni & Carlo Mai) borns and residents in Boretto, that in presence of witnesses Luigi Isolli son of Giovanni died, of age 65 (Luigi 65 old) also borns and residents in Boretto (Luigi& Giovanni), and Giovanni Soliani son of Battista, of age 33 (Giovanni 33 old), porter, together borns and residents in Boretto,
that declared me(all ) that in day 5 current August month, to hours 11 A.M. are died Carlo Mingori son of Antonio died(father) and Antonia Cantoni (mother), born in Boretto (Carlo), of age 62( Carlo 62 old), in house in San Rocco street number 217, and have delivered the certificate of delegated Bonificatore that it is joined to the present act. After this, I have wrote the present act that are read to the declaring,to the witnesses, and from same persons and also from me underwrite, to exception of aforesaid declaring why they are absents having reason and having recognized totally with eyes of the corpse, in continuation after the term of hours 24 from death, and that for this cause, of 48 hours, I release the allowed necrology for interment.
Isolli Luigi witness
Soliani Giovanni ditto
hoping clair is litteral traslation, about Elsa can be that some time the births are registred after some days or more..
many regards, suanj :wink:
sumner
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sumner »

Grazie Raffaella. I had not realized that the date at the top was not necessarily the date of death until your translation. I guess that the other people listed in the record are simply neighbors or witnesses.

- Randy
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

sumner wrote:Grazie Raffaella. I had not realized that the date at the top was not necessarily the date of death until your translation. I guess that the other people listed in the record are simply neighbors or witnesses.

- Randy
Ok Randy, interesting: is guess also Costante, son of Carlo Mingori, brother of your Antonio ancestor.. regards
suanj
sumner
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sumner »

Raffaella:

I have used the techniques you have suggested to learn a great deal about my ancestors born since 1806. BUt now I am going to have to make requests to the local parish in Boretto. I was wondering if you could help me with the Italian on a request for information on Francesco's grandfather named MINGORI Carlo. Carlo was listed as 62 years of age when he died in 1861. So I believe he was probably born in Boretto circa 1799. He was the son of Mingori Antonio and Bruschi Lucia. He was married to Cantoni Antonia. And he was the father of Mingori Costante and Mingori Giovanni. I have been able to use the form requests you gave me earlier for Francesco to obtain all sorts of records from the Comunes. But if you can help me with this request to the church, it would help me even more.

Grazie,
Randy
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

sumner wrote:Raffaella:

I have used the techniques you have suggested to learn a great deal about my ancestors born since 1806. BUt now I am going to have to make requests to the local parish in Boretto. I was wondering if you could help me with the Italian on a request for information on Francesco's grandfather named MINGORI Carlo. Carlo was listed as 62 years of age when he died in 1861. So I believe he was probably born in Boretto circa 1799. He was the son of Mingori Antonio and Bruschi Lucia. He was married to Cantoni Antonia. And he was the father of Mingori Costante and Mingori Giovanni. I have been able to use the form requests you gave me earlier for Francesco to obtain all sorts of records from the Comunes. But if you can help me with this request to the church, it would help me even more.

Grazie,
Randy
Hi Randy:
I think that this record are an baptism record, and you can write to priest, hoping, very litthe hope, if send to you the baptism act.

Gentilissimo Parroco,

mi chiamo Randy Sumner e sono cittadino statunitense di origini italiane.

Le scrivo avendo bisogno dell'atto di battesimo di MINGORI Carlo classe 1799 nato a Boretto, figlio di Antonio e Bruschi Lucia.

L'anno di nascita è dedotto poichè egli morì in Boretto nel(if you have exact death date , please insert) 1861 all'età di anni 62.

Gentilissimo Parroco, sperando che questa mia richiesta incontri la sua sensibilità, resto in attesa di riscontro, e le porgo i miei più distinti saluti,

Randy Sumner
address......
---------------
regards, suanj
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

Suanj, I just want to let you know how much I appreciate your presence here on this forum. You have a perspective so few of us can appreciate, and are so helpful!

:D Jim
sumner
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sumner »

You are my guardian angel, Raffaella.

As Jim mentioned, you have helped me immensely with your presence here.

- Randy
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

thanks Jim and Randy, my contribute is so little....
:wink: regards, suanj