Runci, Pappalardo, Panebianco...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
spencer

Runci, Pappalardo, Panebianco...

Post by spencer »

I would like to find information about ancestry of my Sicilian grandparents. They immigrated to United States early 1930 with their children. They died in the 1970's. After the death of my grandfather Domenico Runci, my grandmother Giuseppina returned to Sicily to visit with her family where, after a heart attack, she died. She is buried in Sicily, I do not know the details. My grandmother was Giuseppina Pappalardo, born abt 1895 in Catania, Sicily. Her parents Venero Pappalardo (son of Salvador Pappalardo and Venna Calamia) and Vicenza Panebianco (daughter of Francesco Panebianco and Lucia La Rosa were from Catania. My grandfather, Domenico Runci was born in Messina in march 1894. His parents were Sylvestro Runci (son of Nicola Runci and Maria?) and Giuseppina Napoli both from Messina.

With family in Siciliy I would like to know how I would go about finding them. I would like to obtain this information to continue my ancestry search. Any information provided would be greatly appreciated.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Runci, Pappalardo, Panebianco...

Post by ptimber »

In Italy most records dating abck to 1809 are either in the family Historylibrary of the Mormon church based uopon the town of origin in Catania (assuming Catania province and not the city of catania) or in the Municipal offices of the town of origin in Sicily. Your advice as to whether the city of catania was, perhaps the city of birth or the name of the town in the province would enable me to furnish you with the address if you wish to write for documents or the micorfilm you would need in order to trace your family back to 1809. Further, I urge you to buy the book Italian genealogical records by Trafford R. Ciole if you wish to do an extensive search on your family. In any event genealogy is best when it is researched backwards from the USA to Italy via wwww.ellisisland.org.If you wish to see what research has been done on your family surname then go to www.google.com and insert inthe title the surname-Genealogy for all research on that surname done and being done. Peter