Gentile Frosinone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Woodworth
Rookie
Rookie

Gentile Frosinone

Post by Woodworth »

I am still seeking information on my Grandfather Girolomo Gentile, who I believe was born in the Frosinone district about 1867. From records in the UK his fathers name was Antonio.

George Woodworth
My grandfather Girolomo ( giorolomo) Gentili came form Italy about 1875. He lived in Yorkshire, Chester and Shropshire and then returned back to Chester where he died in 1929. I need help to find his Italian birth place.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Gentile Frosinone

Post by ptimber »

I trust you mean the province of Frosinone where he was born in some town or village and where Frosinone is the Capital? There are 86 Gedntile surnamed listings in the province and, as you know, you neded to know the town of origin to trace the family. Civil records for the city of frosinone go from 1870 to 1900. Which is it? Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Woodworth wrote:I am still seeking information on my Grandfather Girolomo Gentile, who I believe was born in the Frosinone district about 1867. From records in the UK his fathers name was Antonio.

George Woodworth
George: nobody reply from Picinisco Common?
Regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Why did you hide information and reinvent the wheel???Shame on you. You cold have explained that Suanj was assisting you and the details so people could pick up the threads. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ptimber wrote:Why did you hide information and reinvent the wheel???Shame on you. You cold have explained that Suanj was assisting you and the details so people could pick up the threads. Peter
No, No Peter!
George friend have my assistence but are probable that not reply it Picinisco common ... and probable he ask some other help.. is legitimate and just... good luck George.. regards to all, suanj
Woodworth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Woodworth »

Peter

There was no reflection on suanj, I am greatful for her help. I thought by posting a new message it might attract some more infomation.

George
My grandfather Girolomo ( giorolomo) Gentili came form Italy about 1875. He lived in Yorkshire, Chester and Shropshire and then returned back to Chester where he died in 1929. I need help to find his Italian birth place.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Gentile Frosinone/for mfjp

Post by suanj »

Hi mfjp: are possible for you see this record
Antonio Gentils* Birth: abt 1845 - location
Residence: year - city, Yorkshire, England
Other: location
Source: Census - 1891 England Census

* sure Gentile or Gentili spelling
thanks, suanj
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

sorry! wish I could help, only have access to the American records.
mfjp
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

mfjp wrote:sorry! wish I could help, only have access to the American records.
mfjp
Hi mfjp, with american records are possible see also this record, why I see many UK records with your help account in week end...
:wink: suanj
Woodworth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Woodworth »

Sorry if I have caused confusion about my grandfathers, fathers name Antonio Gentile, the information came from his marriage cetificate to my Grandmother.

George
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

George explane me: Girolamo Gentile was son of Antonio; yes or no??
suanj