1977, Pittsburgh Post Gazette

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
luclor97
Veteran
Veteran

1977, Pittsburgh Post Gazette

Post by luclor97 »

Ciao " tutti "

Mi chiedevo se qualcuno di Voi ha la possibilita di accedere al Pittsburgh Post Gazette ... del 1977 ...

grazie

luclor97
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: 1977, Pittsburgh Post Gazette

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
luclor97
Veteran
Veteran

Post by luclor97 »

Ciao Carmine,
grazie per la tua risposta.

Ho trovato questa pagina che vorrei tanto poter leggere e in special modo poter visionare la foto ma è impossibile perchè troppo scura...

Non ci sarà un sito dove scaricare questa pagina ?

http://yfrog.com/2davvocatoj

Spero tanto in un miracolo !

luclor97
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

l'ho schiarito un po'
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1857/luclor.jpg
cliccaci sopra, poi con il tasto destro del mouse clicchi sull'immagine e fai" salva immagine con nome" e la salvi sul tuo pc..

oppure, quando clicchi sul link, ti si apre la pagina con l'articolo, vai in alto a destra su" File" e clicchi su "salva con nome"

qui lo apri tramite in PDF http://go2convert.com/p/1285407635896.pdf
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
luclor97
Veteran
Veteran

Post by luclor97 »

Ciao Suanj,
che piacere risentirti !

Grazie mille per il tuo interessamento.

Ora l'articolo si legge molto meglio e abbastanza comprensibile...
Peccato per la foto ...
Non si potrà trovare da nessun altra "Associazione" ?

Colgo l'occasione per chiederti la tua opinione riguardo il titolo dell'articolo...
MD riguarda la professione del medico?

Ciao
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

It is easy when English is your native tongue. :)

E. Liberty MD Held on Bogus Drug Rx Charges

An East Liberty doctor was held for court yesterday on charges she wrote more than 170 illegal prescriptions for nearly $350,000 worth of the drug Dilaudid.

Dr. Emilla M. Caprini, ??, of 1430 Penn Ave., Wilkinsburg, alledgedly wrote the bogus prescriptions between Jan. 6 and March 22 when she and 20 of her "patients" were arrested for illegal drug trafficking.

A practicing gynecologist who spent 40 years with the Planned Parenthood Clinic in Pittsburgh before retiring in 1973, Dr. Caprini is charged with six counts of criminal conspiracy. She remains free in lieu of $10,000 realty bond.

Two of her "patients" have waived their cases to court. The other 27, who range in age from 19 to 34, were to receive hearings today or tomorrow before Penn Hills District Magistrate Robert E. McCarthy.

Dr. Caprini was arrested at her office in the Highland Building, 121 S. Highland Ave., East Liberty, in a raid by state and local police in Pittsburgh and Penn Hills.

According to testimony at a city court hearing yesterday, authorities began to investigate Dr. Caprini after the operators of three drugstores began reporting last August that they received numerous Dilaudid prescriptions for females that were picked up by males.

James R. Infantino, an investigator with the state Bureau of Drug Control said the ??? to ??? prescriptions of Dr. Caprini were filled at Swansons Pharmacy, 9915 Frankstown Road, Penn Hills, and Algee Pharmacy, 401 Ceders (???) Road, Mt. Lebanon.

Dr. Caprini admitted at the time of her arrest that she knowingly wrote prescriptions for one female patient who used the names of five other persons, said Infantino.

Asked why she continued to write prescriptions for the woman after one of the five other persons complained to her that she didn't use the drug, Dr. Caprini "just shrugged her shoulders and didn't say anything," said Infantino.

Dr. Caprini also told police, according to Infantino, that she had been contacted by four men who identified themselves as federal law enforcement agents and believed that she was cooperating with them in an investigation of illegal drug trafficking.

"We contacted one of the agencies (the federal Enforcement Administration) and they said they didn't know a Dr. Emilla Caprini," said Infantino.

However, Stephanie P. Popivchek, assistant district attorney, said the signatures on all of the prescriptions in question were similar. Alsso, representatives of both drugstores contacted Dr. Caprini to verify each prescription before it was filled, she added.

Gondelman asked if authorities were aware that Dr. Caprini received no money for writing the Dilaudid prescriptions. Infantino answered, "I wasn't interested in any money at the time (of Dr. Caprini's arrest), only in the doctor's records."

Dilaudid is a synthetic pain-killing drug often prescribed for terminal cancer patients.

[caption under photograph]

Dr. Emilla M. Caprini and attorney Harold Gondelman leave City Court.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

luclor97 wrote:Colgo l'occasione per chiederti la tua opinione riguardo il titolo dell'articolo...
MD riguarda la professione del medico?
MD = Medicinae Doctor (Latin); Doctor of Medicine (English); Dottore in Medicina (Italiano)
Carmine

luclor97
Veteran
Veteran

Post by luclor97 »

Grazie Carmine,
sei molto gentile. Tu abiti in USA?

Tu hai idea se è possibile controllare se questo Dottore fece anche della detenzione (in prigione) dopo il processo?

Oppure fu solo arrestato...

Dove si potrebbe controllare?

Ciao

luclor97
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Carmine

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Carmine, sei grande!
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

suanj wrote:Carmine, sei grande!
suanj
Grazie molte, Raffaella! :P

Here is one more: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=gD ... %2C1880847

Dr. Caprini was sentenced to 2-1/2 years probation with no prison time.
Carmine

luclor97
Veteran
Veteran

Post by luclor97 »

Ciao Carmine,
come dice Raffaella sei veramente un grande ! COMPLIMENTI !!! :D :D :D

Interessantissima tutta la raccolta degli articoli sulla vicenda della droga riguardanti la Dott.ssa Emilia Caprini.

Peccato che non si riesce a vedere bene la sua foto...

Suanj ha provato a schiarire ma più di tanto non si può fare...

Ho contattato l'archivio di Pittsburgh Poste Gazette
ma mi chiedono più di 200$ !!! :oops:
E poi non è sicuro che ci sia la foto... :?:

Mi accontenterei anche solo di un'immagine fotocopiata dal giornale...
Forse ci sarà un modo per scaricare questa pagina in qualità migliore?
Forse una Bibblioteca che teneva tutti i numeri dei giornali?
Oppure un collezionista...

Penso che non sarà facile !

Ancora grazie mille per l'aiuto :P
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Raffaella, perhaps you can help with translation for me?

Luclor - I am very happy that I was able to help you with your research.

I found on Ancestry . com a "family tree" which includes Emilia Caprini. Click here to see it. In this tree, it says that Emilia Caprini was born 2 luglio 1884 and died 13 ottobre 1989. Her father was Louis Alex Caprini, born 29 marzo 1870 died 23 gennaio 1947, and her mother was Mary Bonistalli born 25 agosto 1876 died 12 novembre 1947.

Emilia had brothers Joseph Garibaldi Natale Caprini (1894-1989) and George Caprini (1899 - ????), and sister Beatrice Caprini (1906 - 1976).

There are many details of other family members including photographs of Emilia's mother and father.

Very poor photograph of Emilia Caprini: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=HO ... rini&hl=en

I searched for additional photographs but could not find any.
Carmine

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

johnnyonthespot wrote:Raffaella, perhaps you can help with translation for me?

Luclor - I am very happy that I was able to help you with your research.

I found on Ancestry . com a "family tree" which includes Emilia Caprini. [url=http://trees.<a href="/http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-3166187-10456885" TARGET="_blank">Ancestry.com</a>/tree/6915415/person/112878993?ssrc=]Click here to see it.[/url] In this tree, it says that Emilia Caprini was born 2 luglio 1884 and died 13 ottobre 1989. Her father was Louis Alex Caprini, born 29 marzo 1870 died 23 gennaio 1947, and her mother was Mary Bonistalli born 25 agosto 1876 died 12 novembre 1947.

Emilia had brothers Joseph Garibaldi Natale Caprini (1894-1989) and George Caprini (1899 - ????), and sister Beatrice Caprini (1906 - 1976).

There are many details of other family members including photographs of Emilia's mother and father.

Very poor photograph of Emilia Caprini: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=HO ... rini&hl=en

I searched for additional photographs but could not find any.
Da Carmine per Luclor:

Luclor- sono molto felice di essere stato capace di aiutarti con la tua ricerca

Ho trovato su ancestry.com un albero genealogico che comprende Emilia Caprini; in questo albero genealogico è detto che Emilia caprini nacque il 2 luglio 1884 ed è morta il 13 ottobre 1989.
Suo padre era Louis Alex Caprini nato il 29 marzo 1870 e morto il 23 gennaio 1947, e la madre era Mary Bonistalli nata il 25 agosto 1876 e morta il 12 novembre 1947.
Emilia ha avuto 2 fratelli :
Joseph Garibaldi Natale Caprini (1894-1989)
George Caprini (1899 - ????),
E una sorella
Beatrice Caprini (1906 - 1976).
Ci sono molti altri dettagli riguardo ad altri membri di famiglia e anche fotografie dei genitori di Emilia.
Un’ abbastanza scarsa foto di Emilia Caprini http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=HO ... rini&hl=en
Ho cercato per ulteriori foto di Emilia Caprini ma non ne ho trovata una.

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
luclor97
Veteran
Veteran

Post by luclor97 »

Ciao Carmine scusa per il ritardo... :oops:

Ancora moltissime grazie per tutto il lavoro di ricerca che hai fatto e grazie anche a Raffaella per la traduzione del tuo testo.

Hai trovato un'altra foto del Dr. Emilia Caprini peccato che le sue sono sempre un pò brutterelle, non si vede mai per intero il suo viso...

A riguardo l'albero genealogico in Ancestry.com è possibile sapere chi è il proprietario? Vorrei chiedere il permesso per visitare "l'albero" perchè penso che sarà necessario essere abbonati al sito... :roll:

Mi interessano tanto le foto di Emilia ma anche dei suoi genitori

Ciao Carmine,
ho scritto il tuo nome nel mio elenco privato dei ricercatori più bravi che si trovano online... :lol: