attitudes - Europeans vs Italians

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

attitudes - Europeans vs Italians

Post by AmyT »

Its funny.

http://www.infonegocio.com/xeron/bruno/italy.html

My friend sent it to me because he knows I'm planning on going to Italy and said he wanted me to be warned... I thought it was cute.
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: attitudes - Europeans vs Italians

Post by ptimber »

Thank you Dearheart. it is a bit exaggerated but very amusing. Thank you for sharing it with us except for those people who set themselves up as arbiters of right and wrong. Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

I figured it was probably very exaggerated.. but it made me laugh.
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

AmyT wrote:I figured it was probably very exaggerated.. but it made me laugh.
Amy thanks for that. It may be a bit exaggerated, but the first few are right on. The Bus especially, Italians transport systems are notorious (and rightly so I have been a few times and experienced it first hand)
for being NOT on time and a bit chaotic. I laughed so much. I have been all over Europe, and it is very true they certainly are unique in many ways. While so many other countries in Europe are so similar.
:) Jim
acamma
Rookie
Rookie

Post by acamma »

Amy is this site down you referenced or am I just having difficulty with my computer site. Thanks.'

TONY
Anthony Philip Camma
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I believe that if you delete the dot at the end and cut and paste it may help. Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Grazie Mille Peter... But I dunno what dot to delete unless someone else edited my post? The link worked fine this morning.. :?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

some gal told me it works when she did that. Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

:P :lol: Have a good day Peter..
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

what a fun gal you would be on the ski slopes shreigking as you go down at breakneck speed. Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

HA! You mean tumbling, falling and my shrieking would be in terror... then you'd watch me do it all over again... I've never been skiing..
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

AmyT wrote:HA! You mean tumbling, falling and my shrieking would be in terror... then you'd watch me do it all over again... I've never been skiing..
You so should, I've been skiing since I was 8. It is exhilirating.

:)
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Well wedo share something. I have been skiing for the past 50 years going from wood skis and leather boots& shoelaces to current stuff and still ski downhill with an intense dislike of snowboards. thjats why i ski Taos since they do not allow those coal shoveling noise makers on their slopes......and don't forget to call out when your coming from behind!!!!! Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Taho is about 2.5 hours from me, so my friends go all the time, but they snowboard.. which I've tried all of once, and thought I was going to kill myself. So I've never gone, first because of the expense, and second because I value my never been broken bones... :lol: Thats not to say I would never try it if I had money and equipment, I think it would be a blast to try..
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Taos New Mexico is the snowboard free slope. Peter