PIETRADEFUSI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

PIETRADEFUSI

Post by DonnaH »

Hi am new to this so any help would be appreciated. My grandfather immigrated to America between 1899 and 1904 per family.
Can't find him on ellis island records. His family came later and listed town of Pietradefusi. Surname is Barletta. My grandfather was Saverio, his father Carmine with brothers Joseph, Milano and Felice.
My greatgrandmothers name was Mary Grace Mazzarella. I wrote to civil records for Saverio's birth certificate but received the wrong one.. Any info on how to find info on them would be wonderful.

donna
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: PIETRADEFUSI

Post by ptimber »

Moremon church family history l;ibrary near your home has micorfilm for Pietradefusi 1809 to 1865. Anything later you can go,perhaps to church records, if civil authorities cannot help you. Peter
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

:!:
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DonnaH »

mfjb

Thanks for the info. I have everything except for Saverio. The Saverio you mentioned is not my grandfather. I do know he was born in 1886 and immigrated when he was 13-15 yrs old. Was married in Pittston Pa at 22 yrs old in 1908 according to census records. Thanks
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Donna I don't know what the Phantom of thre Opera is writing to you privately but it is disconcerting for me to know that twio people are spoonfeeding you and it is not fair to you or me. The other person doesn't seem to care about anything. Sorry. if you need me please advise, if not let the Phantom of the Opera take care of you. Peter
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

ptimber wrote:The other person doesn't seem to care about anything. Sorry. if you need me please advise, if not let the Phantom of the Opera take care of you. Peter
Donna pay no attention to this Ptimber, he is a nuisance and evidently not well. He seems to enjoy insulting posters and those who choose to help them. Many reports have been made to the administrator Edmondo.
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Peter, I do agree with you... not fair to you... long story, don't waste your time... trust me on this one.

and no, never communicated privately either...
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

OK by me and thank you. Peter
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DonnaH »

Peter

I have not been communicated to privately. I would appreciate any type of help I can get. The nearest FHL is about 70 mins. away and is only open the 1st Sat. of the month. Makes things frustrating and slow.

Can you tell me how to say see attached in Italian?

Thanks so much
Donna
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

DonnaH wrote:Peter

I have not been communicated to privately. I would appreciate any type of help I can get. The nearest FHL is about 70 mins. away and is only open the 1st Sat. of the month. Makes things frustrating and slow.

Can you tell me how to say see attached in Italian?

Thanks so much
Donna
annesso is the word for attached as in included.
Peter has VERY little experience , even tho he is in his golden years.
He relies upon the web for all his advice, and is not like so many of us who actually research original documents.

So many of us here would be glad to help you.

:) Jim Bianco
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Donna I really do not know since in Italy they do what we do and abbreviate like cc: or att:. I am niot familiar with what currently in vogue but I suspect it is Att: as in english and the word attaccamento attachment. if youi want to specify see attachment then I would use in a sentence vede attaccamento. pETER
Xaymara
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xaymara »

In the event you meant attached as an attachment on an email then the word would be “allegatoâ€Â
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I did not consider the vehicle but Allegato is more correct since it translates well. having been away from the working world and not paying attention to e-mail structures and the like in Italian I must defer to your knowledge. peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

DonnaH wrote:Hi am new to this so any help would be appreciated. My grandfather immigrated to America between 1899 and 1904 per family.
Can't find him on ellis island records. His family came later and listed town of Pietradefusi. Surname is Barletta. My grandfather was Saverio, his father Carmine with brothers Joseph, Milano and Felice.
My greatgrandmothers name was Mary Grace Mazzarella. I wrote to civil records for Saverio's birth certificate but received the wrong one.. Any info on how to find info on them would be wonderful.

donna
HI:
- if the city hall not reply you, probable the letter was comprehensible not, or some data about your ancetors, was just not...please send again an letter in good italian language, and better specified the data..
- if data was just, the letter also was in good italian, well in this case you send again same letter and ask confirm message..
Normally all Commons reply if to found... if not reply probable cause now you know... regadrs, suanj
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

suanj,

the guideline for the letters to Italy at the LDS website, are they in
good Italian language?

I have not heard from Talamello Common yet, and I sent follow up
letter using the LDS site.

wldspirit :D