how do i post a record to be translated?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
debbie365
Rookie
Rookie

how do i post a record to be translated?

Post by debbie365 »

dont know how to down load a birth record ?
surnames,Basilone, Calascione,Campofredano, Deluca, Occhionero, Glave, Intrevado, Angelozzi Peta, Frate
oilman19
Master
Master

Re: how do i post a record to be translated?

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Debbie

Go to imageshack.com.
click on BROWSE
find the record and open it
click on UPLOAD NOW
when upload is complete, click on the DIRECT LINK, copy it and paste it in your message on the forum.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
debbie365
Rookie
Rookie

Post by debbie365 »

thanks jim i will try it i am so slow with this computer thank you for all your help it is much appreciated sincerely debbie
surnames,Basilone, Calascione,Campofredano, Deluca, Occhionero, Glave, Intrevado, Angelozzi Peta, Frate
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Debbie

If you are still struggling with this, I will be at the FHS this morning. I would be happy to walk you through it if you are there.
Otherwise, PM me with with a number and I will call you and walk you through the process.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Debbie :-)

Another option...
if you want to send it to me in an email, I'll upload it to this forum for you :-)

T.
Basalghelle

Post by Basalghelle »

I will share with you comething I learned

At the family History Center, I scann the microfilm to digital, with their scanner, into a PDF file.

Then I put the PDF on a flash drive and then while its on my monitor, I take a picture of it, thus making it a JPEG file.

The JPEG file is then uploaded into www.imageshack.com using the BROWSE. which means go the the flash drive and find the picture.

I also learned that on Image Shack, yoiu can rotate the picture to the right or left, because sometimes I took the picture sideways.

If someone has a better idea on how to convert a PDF file to a JPEG Then please us know.

Regards,
Basa
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Basa

I'm not sure about the scanner in use at your FHC, but ours provides the option to save the file as JPEG. No additional steps are required once the image is saved to the flash drive.
Image Shack is a good image hosting vehicle to use.
Jim

Basalghelle

Post by Basalghelle »

Not all scanners have the JPEG option. ours does not have it. PDF works fine, but we cannot separate the images for hosting.
Researching Surnames in Casalvieri: NERI, MARSELLA, TORTI, ZEPPA
Quagliuzzo, Torino: SOSPIS
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Here are the images that Debbie would like translated...

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7633/birth2001.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2834/birth2002.jpg

Debbie,
The title of this topic is "How do I post..." and you may not get views from translators.
My suggestion would be to copy the above right off this post and paste it into a "New Topic" by clicking on the button to the bottom left.

T.