NEED SOMEONE TO TYPE OUT THESE TWO BIRTH ACTS Montaguto

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
OrsaraPagano

NEED SOMEONE TO TYPE OUT THESE TWO BIRTH ACTS Montaguto

Post by OrsaraPagano »

hi,
I am just getting started at learning how to extract parish records at Montaguto, Italy.
I NEED SOMEONE TO TYPE these two documents out, so I can see what they say. I need to know where on the document it tell the parents, person being born, the grandparents and so on.

http://img375.imageshack.us/content_rou ... ia=mupload
please click on the image to enlarge it.

Also, I have a link to a birth index. could you also pleasse type out the names listed in the index. This would get me started in understanding how to read the names.
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2179/p1000871l.jpg

any help would be greatly appreciated

Orsara Pagano
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: NEED SOMEONE TO TYPE OUT THESE TWO BIRTH ACTS Montaguto

Post by Tessa78 »

The image is still too small to read clearly with the enlargement... :-(

Can you post one side of the page at a time?

T.
OrsaraPagano

Post by OrsaraPagano »

OK, I got the half of page posted.

I also posted a copy of the birth index . . . wow I am getting started at a very large project!!
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Birth index:

1 Angelo Abatangelo
2 Adelaide Spinelli
3 Achille Giovanni De Michele
4 Antonio Schiavoni
5 A….go Ricci
6 Annamaria Carolis
7 Antonio Manganiello
8 Antonia Arenga
9 Alfonso Follis
10 Attilio Cappellini
11 Angela Anzovino
12 Angela Scaglione
13 Agnese Anzovino
14 Brunetta Bruno
15 C….nsa de Angelis
16 Clementina del Core
17 Carmine Durso
18 Concetta Anzivino
19 Concetta De Micheli
20 Domenico Mascolo
21 Domenico Anzivino
22 Elisabetta Anzivino
23 Francesco Cifaldi
24 Filomena Filadelfi
25 Filomena Dentato
26 Francescantonio Pirazzi
27 Fortunato Fortuna
28 Francesca de Gennaro
29 Francesco Schiavoni
30 Filomena Cifaldi
31 Francesco Paolo Anzivino
32 Francesco Garofalo
33 Gennaro Anzivino
34 Giacinto Anzivino
35 Giuseppe Domenico F….
36 Geremia S….
37 Gaetano Bruno
38 Gioacchino Andreano
39 Gennaro Anzivino
40 Giovanni Anzivino
41 Giuseppe Domenico de Michele.
42 Laura L…
43 Luigia Gaglairdi
44 Lueonardo Macchia
45 Leonardo Esposito
46 Maria Grazia Cifaldi
47 Maria Grazia de Carlo
48 Maria Concetta Anzivino
49 Maria Grazia Grilli
50 Maria Giuseppa Lepore
51 Maria Luigia Basso
52 Michele Carelio(?)
53 Maria Teresa Anzivino
54 Michele Careglia
55 Michelangelo ?????
56 Maria Saveria Carrezzo
57 Michelangelo Anzivino
58 Maria Sanita
59 Maria Carrezzo
60 Mariantonia Sozzo(?)
61 Maria Michela Colan...
62 Maria Teresa ?????
63 Michele Racchia
64 Michele Andreana
65 Michele C….
66 Maria Rosa Anzivino
67 Nicolamaria Bruno
68 Nunzia Tozzi
69 Nicolamaria Dentato
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Dated Jan 16, 1866 at 8 P.M.
District of Ariana
Province of Principato Ultra
Town of Montaguto

Appearing was Domenico Dentato, son of deceased Crescenzo, age 43, a property owner. He presented a baby and stated that this same (baby) had been born to his wife, Anna Iatarola, of deceased Angelo, age 39, living in the stated town, Montaguto, on the 16th of January at 7 a.m. in his own house. This same baby was given the name of Filomena Dentato.

The presentation and declaration were made in the presence of Giuseppe del Monte, son of deceased Antonio, age 60, a property owner, living in the stated town, and Don Michele Bruno of deceased Don Crescenzo, age 32, a property owner, living in the stated town. They were the ones who intervened in the present act and were produced by this Signor Dentato.

The present act was read to the infomant, and to the witnesses, and was signed by the town official and by the witnesses. Only the informant did not know how to write.

***you will see that Domenico Dentato's name appears at the bottom of the document preceded by the letter x. He signed with an x and his name was then written in next to the x.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

actually the symbol before Domenico's signature is a cross, not the letter x.
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

Thanks a million.
Maestra36
If you could also please give the Italian version typed out of the birth act, so that she will be able to see how the Italian words in type face. She has to learn how to translate the micro filmed records.

I am helping Orsara Pagano at the family History Library
She is so excited and happy to organize and research her Italian ancestry.

Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

As a gesture, I have typed the document in Italian, but I will not be able to do so in the future. Although I am always happy to help with the translation of such documents, it is very time consuming for the few volunteers on this forum who do translation work to type out these documents in their entirety in Italian. That's why we recommend books such as Trafford Cole's, which is advertised to the left of this page. I strongly recommend that the person you are helping at FHC invest in such a book.

L’anno milleottocentosessantasei, il giorno sedici del mese di gennaio, alle ore venti-avanti di noi Dottore Antonio (surname?), sindaco ed uffiziale dello stato civile del circondario di Ariana Provincia di Principato Ultra, Comune di Montaguto e comparsa Domenico Dentato, figlio del fu Crescenzo, di anni quarantatre, di professione proprietario,il quale ci ha presentato una bambina secondo che abbiamo ocularmente riconosciuto, ed ha dichiarato che la stessa e nata da sua moglie Anna Iatarola fu Angelo, di anni trentanove, domiciliata in detto comune da esso Dentato, di anni quarantatre, di professione proprietario, domiciliato in Montaguto, nel giorno sedici del mese di gennaio, alle ore sette nella casa propria.

Lo stesso inoltre ha dichiarato di dare alla medisima il nome di Filomena Dentato.

La presentazione e dichiarazione anzidetta si e fatta alla presenza di Giuseppe del Monte figlio del ful Antoni, di anni sessanta di professione proprietario regnicolo domicilicato in detto commune e di Don Michele Bruno fu Don Crescenzo di anni ???(trentadue or trentatre) di professione proprietario regnicolo domiciliato in detto comune. Testimoni intervenuti nel presente atto e da esso Signor Dentato prodotti.

Il presente atto e stato letto al dichiarante ed ai testimoni, ed indi si e firmato da noi e dai testimony per non sapere scrivere il solo dichiarante per non sapere scrivere il solo dichiarante

Michele Bruno, testimonio +Domenico Dentato
Giuseppe del Monte, testimonio
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Also, I was unable to put accents on the words which should have accents in Italian.
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

I would also suggest to anyone just getting started in doing their own Italian research to use this site as well

http://script.byu.edu/italian1/en/welcome.aspx

another Italian site on Latin & Vogular
http://www.tuttogenealogia.it/modules.p ... =21&page=1

I have Dr. Cole's book, which covers many types of research, including Civil and parish records. I have know Dr. Cole personally for over 20 years.

Most important, I believe the WE SERVE ONE ANOTHER and can learn from each other. This Italian genealogy site is a great place to help each other out.
I spend countless hours helping people learn the research process. I am open to helping anyone that needs help.
Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
OrsaraPagano

Post by OrsaraPagano »

AMAZING AND THANK YOU It has been just six weeks since i started learning research skills and realize how little I know, but the support and help provided by those on Italian Genealogy have provided help, supoort, and so much hope. Thanks also for the suggestions. The help given is so
appreciated, and be assured, I feel a deep obligation to help others in the future.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

You're very welcome. With a lot of perseverance and practice, you will ultimately learn to read the documents.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

maestra36 wrote:Also, I was unable to put accents on the words which should have accents in Italian.
Peg: Assuming you are using Microsoft Windows, hold down one of the Alt keys while typing a four-digit number on the numeric keypad to produce:

Alt+0224 = à
Alt+0232 = è
Alt+0233 = é
Alt+0242 = ò
Alt+0243 = ó
Alt+0236 = ì
Alt+0249 = ù

Need any others?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)