Please Transcribe part of Birth Record?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Please Transcribe part of Birth Record?

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Please could someone be as kind to decipher/transcribe this document from everything after the mothers name; Maria Tamilio, like her age, profession, etc. Please?

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9978/70567056.png
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Please Transcribe part of Birth Record?

Post by maestra36 »

Maria Tamillo was age 28. I don't see her profession in the record. It says she was his legitimate wife (sua moglie legittima) living with him (con esso) the informant. Then the information which follows refers to him and not her. It says he was of the age as above (which was trenta or 30), of the profession as above (contadino-peasant/ farmer) then the document says that the infant was born on the 4th of the above month at the hour of (I can't read the time because of the condition of the record) in the rural or country house in San Michele.

The same one (a male) shown by the informant was given the name Giuseppe.

The presentation and declaration were made in the present of Don Giuseppe Punzo (spelling??), a doctor (medico) and Don Gregorio Lina (spelling???) -I think it says proprietario (property owner) but it's hard to say for sure.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

the informant was her husband
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The two witnesses signed the record, but the informant (the husband) did not, as he did not know how to write
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

baptism in right column took place on the 5th of the month, in case you need that info
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Thank you maestra.
Is this image any better, for the rest of the details?

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3816/img0868t.jpg
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Jamie,

The father was living in San Germano, but it's written as one word with a small g for germano. (Sangermano).

The baby was born at 6 a.m.

It's possible the surname of the witness Don Giuseppe could be Pariso or Parisi and not what I typed before. He was the medico or doctor.

The document says "the same one, moreover (now I can clearly see the word inoltre which means "moreover", was given the name Giuseppe.

There is no other info in the rescan.

Peg
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

To be precise... :wink:
maestra36 wrote: The same one (a male) shown by the informant was given the name Giuseppe
maestra36 wrote: The document says "the same one, moreover (now I can clearly see the word inoltre which means "moreover", was given the name Giuseppe.
The wording in Italian is:
Lo stesso inoltre à (ha) dichiarato di dare al bambino il nome di Giuseppe.

which translates:
The same (i.e. the informant, Michele Antonio Capaldi) declared that he gives the child the name of Giuseppe