DiLallo's from Petrella Tifernina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Ray13

DiLallo's from Petrella Tifernina

Post by Ray13 »

I am looking for relatives that are or came from Petrella Tifernina. My grandfather had 8 siblings born between 1879-1893. I just found this out form an Italian Geneologist.

Thanks
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: DiLallo's from Petrella Tifernina

Post by mfjp »

Hi Ray,

Are looking for living relatives, or ancestral information?

Since they came from PETRELLA TIFERNINA (Campobasso).. could you mention where they (grandfather & siblings) settled in the USA, given name, wife's name, kids etc...? If you know when they settled in the USA, please mention...

mfjp
Ray13

Post by Ray13 »

My Grandparents Pasquale and Antonietta(Vignale) settled in Pittsburgh. I am just not sure if any of my grandfathers siblings came to the US. I just found out he had 8 of them. No one in my family knew this. On the Ellis Island web site there are a few names that come seem like they could be one or 2 of my grandfathers brothers, but whether they stayed in the US or no I am not sure. Any info I can get about ancestors or living relatives would be great. I thought I am may find out something more through thsi website. My grandfather also had 4 sister who had married names. Not sure if any of them are here either.
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

What is the approx. birthdate of Pasquale - though you do mention that his siblings were born
between 1879-1893
Names of Pasquale's children....?

Were you able to find any of the manifests?

Were they married in the USA or in Italy?

This info would help track down a census hopefully.
I thought I am may find out something more through thsi website.
I am hoping you can find out more too, but you just need to supply a little more info as this would allow members from this forum help you better. :D
Ray13

Post by Ray13 »

I know all Pasquale's children.(my father and Aunts) Pasquale was born Jan 7, 1896 in Petrella, as were his siblings. He came here alone in 1913, Went back married Antonietta Vignale in Petrella then came back over. My grandmother had relatives here in the area and grew up around them. My father didn't even know his dad had all these siblings.His siblings names and births are as follows;
Angiola Carmela b 1879 married Nicolino Palombo
Rosalba b 1881
Giorgio b March 12,1883
Angiola b. March 21. 1885 married Angelomichele Valentino
Giuseppe b April 26, 1887
Nicola Michele b 1891
Incoronata b May 4, 1893 married Bonaventura Di Stefano

I know NOTHING about these siblings just about my grandfather Pasquale up to the present.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... o&x=58&y=9

There are only 41 listings for the surname in Campobasso.....
you could write a potential relative letter to them.....one poster
sent out 90 plus letters and recieved replies to nearly all.........

wldspirit :D
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

If this is the correct manifest, it does mention that Pasquale's father is Leonardo.

First Name: Pasqualino (born about 1895) Last Name: Di Lallo
Ethnicity: Italy Last Place of Residence: Petrello Inf., Italy
Date of Arrival: June 10, 1913 Age at Arrival:  18y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  S   Ship of Travel: Sant Anna Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0002

This manifest mentions that he would be joining his cousin Michele on Victor Street, in Allegheny PA. It also mentions that his father Leonardo is the closest relative (and his mother - though no name mentioned) in Italy.

page 1

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0106%2ETIF

page 2

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0106%2ETIF

There is this manifest of a Nicola (possibly a brother) - born 1891 that also mentions that the father is a Leondardo...

First Name: Nicola (born about 1891) Last Name: Di Lallo Ethnicity: Italy, So. Italian Last Place of Residence: Petrella, Italy Date of Arrival: May 09, 1910 Age at Arrival:  19y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  S   Ship of Travel: Venezia Port of Departure: Naples Manifest Line Number: 0020

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0243%2ETIF
and
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0243%2ETIF

If census info / and sibling manifests could be found it would help more... I'm sure there is something out there... but for now...
Ray13

Post by Ray13 »

Wow.....Thats great you found the manifests mfjp. My grandfather Pasquale did have a brother Nicola born in 1891. I wonder if he stayed in the US??? My father has no info about any uncles on Pasquale's side. I have all of Pasquales direct ancestors back to the late 1600's. One thing I do not have is any of Leonardo's(my great grandfater) siblings. There was not a census for that generation in Petrella. The generation before did have one ...so I do know Leonardo's fathers(Giorgio) siblings names. There is also a woman from Boston who's relatives are from Petrella. Her grandfather is Franceso Di Lallo (DeLallo) . I would like to see his manifest. maybe Frank DeLallo. He arrived with his wife Maria July 10, 1907 on steamship Neckar. DOes his manifest mention a fathers name??? He 1st came over and landing in Boston by himself Aug. 29 1902. I am also trying to find a connection between Francesco Di Lallo and my grandfather. They are both from Petrella. How do you see these manifests??? Thanks for all the info. You're GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

There is a manifest dated July 10 1907. It shows a Francesco Antonio arriving with M. Raffaela... is that the one? Francesco's father is listed as Luciano but Maria's father is not mentioned. See both pages

Francesco here also mentions that he would be going to brother Raffaelo's home in PA. (Ellis Island manifest)

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0587%2ETIF

pg2

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0587%2ETIF
First Name: Francesco Last Name: De Lallo Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Campobell Date of Arrival: July 10, 1907
Age at Arrival:  26y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  M   Ship of Travel: Neckar Port of Departure: Naples Manifest Line Number: 0019
How do you see these manifests???
www.ellisisland.org but use different name variations.

Some of the other manifests can only be viewed with a subscription with Ancestry.com

Like this one... Franks first trip in 1902 which I linked for you - mentions that he would going to cousin Giuseppe Riscitti's (?) home.
http://img180.exs.cx/img180/1667/frankbost9sz.jpg

I will see what can be found on Nicola. :D
Ray13

Post by Ray13 »

Thanks for all the info on francesco. That is a great help. There is a Michele DiLallo....does it mention his father. Thanks again.

Ray
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Will send you a private message.:D

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 3870030089

First Name: Michele Last Name: Di Lallo Ethnicity: Italian Last Place of Residence: Petrella Date of Arrival: February 07, 1900
Age at Arrival:  20y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  M   Ship of Travel: Kensington Port of Departure: Antwerp, Belgium Manifest Line Number: 0029

Brother he would be visiting is Giuseppe in Allegheney... no father mentioned....

Take a look at Angelo Amoruso... line 28, once again we see the name Ruscitto... this name appears on the other manifests mentioned earlier.
sjfee

Post by sjfee »

Is there any possibility these DiLallo's are related to my DiLallo's??

My GF is Camillo DiLallo, my GGF is Antonio DiLallo, other than that....nothing! I know my GF was born May 3, 1891 in Lettomanoppello....and is listed as many different names. (the city that is, I've not seen a different listing for his name). I have his marriage records (my GF) and it lists father as Antonio and mother as Filomena Addario and the bride is Nicoletta Mancini and parents of the bride are Carmine Mancini and Angeline Izzie...very hard to verify!

Any help you may be able to provide for me would be WONDERFUL!

Thanks in advance,
Sandra
Arnold Camino

Post by Arnold Camino »

My great grandfather, Nicola Camino (Born 1865; Died 1944) came to U.S. early 1900's and settled in Brownsville, PA (south of Pittsburgh). He was married to Maria DiLallo (Born 1867; Died 1939). They were born in Petrella Tifernia. They had 4 children born in Petrella Tifernina named Alfred, Nina, Olivia, and Josephine. My great grandfather had a sister Teresa Camino who married a DiLallo.
subuslta19

Post by subuslta19 »

hi arnold camino,,,my grandmother marietta iacovino, prev lafratta,prev zampini,from petrella tifernina was friends with the delallo's,ruffaline,and the camino's,not sure of the first names,in italy and pittsburgh. a firm from italy and san francisco ca is looking for both the camino and delallo families about abandoned land/ homes in italy,petrella tifernina for the camino's and you would have to check the delallo's on the chart check italian.it
jacamino

Post by jacamino »

Hello Arnold. I'm John Camino from Belle Vernon, PA. I remember your name.

My GF was Domenicantonio Camino (born in 1869 in Petrella Tifernina and my GM was Maria Carmela Annemilia DiLallo born in 1872 in Petrella Tifernina.

His parents were Luigi Camino and Annamaria Marasca. Her parents were Tobia di Lallo and Maria Giuseppa di Lisio.

Siblings of my GF Nick Camino, (he married Maria DiLallo), Teresina Camino (she married Nicola Di Lallo), Giuseppe Camino (he married Mary ??? in 1904), Giovannina "Jennie" Camino (she married Nick Caperchione, Giulietta "Julia" Camino (she married John Gordon), Francesco Camino (he married Isola "Hazel danesi in Chicago), Laura Camino, (married a Marinelli, Mary Camino (married Camposarcone), Angeline Camino (married a Rossi

siblings of my GM Emiliano Di Lallo no further info.

Hope this helps and we can build on these names. I'm going to be in Petrella Tifernina in September and hope to see something or someone.