Centro Meridionale Ricerche Genealogiche

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Centro Meridionale Ricerche Genealogiche

Post by piazza16428 »

I am trying to find out if any users out there have had any contact or have used the services from Centro Meridionale Ricerche Genealogiche and what their experience with the firm has been.

Received information regarding my great - great grandparents over the weekend and I am trying to veify the information before I post it on the family tree and just tring to find out any impressions of the firm

I have included their web addess below and thanks in advance for any information that you can provide.

http://www.ricercagenealogica.it

Sam Piazza
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Centro Meridionale Ricerche Genealogiche

Post by maestra36 »

I had contacted this company a few years ago to ask if they were putting the catasto onciario online for one of my ancestral towns-this is a record which documents each household and property owned that all would be taxed. Anyway, for this record from one town, they wanted over $650 euros and emailed me that they had no intention of ever making the info available online.
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Post by piazza16428 »

Thank you for this info. I noticed on many of the forums that this organization replies with a bunch of data regarding names and dates so I am worndering if they are fishing so to speak for individuals to pay for their services.

I would like to believe that the information that they supplied to me was correct but I am not sure that I can verify the information. It would have been nice if they supplied reference notes or documentation for the information that they sent.

Oh well, guess it gives me a starting point.

Sam
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Sam
What specific kind of info did they send you? there may be a way to verify it.
Peg
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Post by piazza16428 »

You can read their message to me on my other forum post....

Piazza Family from Vallelunga Pratameno, Caltansetta, Sicily
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

There are microfilmed records for the town which could rent to get the 1904 death record from Caltanisetta. Then you could verify the date of death and get the place of birth and confirm the parents' names
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Registri dello stato civile di Vallelunga Pratameno (Caltanissetta), 1821-1910

available for rental from a local family history center

www.familysearch.org to find a center near your home
piazza16428
Veteran
Veteran

Post by piazza16428 »

Thank you so much for that data. I will have to locate a family history libray and see about getting this film you indicated. Thank you once again.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

In the U.S., you have to physically go to a center to order, pay for, and view the microfilm. This link should help you.

https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Orderi ... ory_Center
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

piazza16428 wrote:Thank you for this info. I noticed on many of the forums that this organization replies with a bunch of data regarding names and dates so I am worndering if they are fishing so to speak for individuals to pay for their services.

I would like to believe that the information that they supplied to me was correct but I am not sure that I can verify the information. It would have been nice if they supplied reference notes or documentation for the information that they sent.

Oh well, guess it gives me a starting point.

Sam
Centro Meridionale Ricerche Genealogiche provides only verifiable informations. In your case, the source of information are the acts of civil status of the City of Vallelunga Pratameno.
Services provided by the center are to be paid.
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/