Need help

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Need help

Post by Tessa78 »

Sal4,

As I search for Gunard, the hits are interchangeable with Cunard...

Maybe what we are looking at is a misunderstanding of an accent by the person recording the information...

T.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Thank you..........I will explore the Cunard Line.....Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Tessa, So true on the accent and their remembering where and when so may yrs ago............Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

My personal experience with this issue is that my GGM filed her Dec. of Intent 40+ years after she arrived as a young wife. Most of the information she gave about the ship, date, etc. was incorrect. She could only get naturalized if they could verify with manifest and issue a Certificate of Arrival to the Naturalization Service. Alas, no naturalization because she could not remember the information accurately, due to the number of years.

BTW...came across this document in my search of Jambor... you may already have it... Marriage of Helen Jambor, born in New Jersey, living in Cleveland, Ohio, and married in West Virginia. Could this be Steven Jambor's daughter? Groom is Charles Kloczko.
Unfortunately, no parents' names listed... :-(
Top right side of image...
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7984 ... iagepa.jpg

T.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Yes, Helen is one of the daughter's of Stephen/Istvan.......Where did you find this info.....Very interesting...........Thank You....Sal4
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi sal4 :-)

I think it was at this site. Need to register, but it's free.

http://beta.familysearch.org

T.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Thank you, that is one site I really need to search..........Sal4