1974 Address in Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

1974 Address in Italy

Post by bkworm10 »

I have an address in Milan, Italy of my g-grandfather's niece. I also have pictures of her holding photos of my g-g-grandparents and also my g-grandfather. I was wondering if there is anyway I can determine if this address still exists and whether she or a family member still lives there. Here is the address:

C. Imbonate 23
20159 Milano, Italy

Sadly, I never wrote to her back in 1982, when I was given the address. I would love to be able to write to her (if she is still alive) or her children, if possible. I have her name, but not sure if I am allowed to post it on this forum?

Any ideas on how I can get her current address or see who lives in the above address?

Thanks, Annette
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: 1974 Address in Italy

Post by ricbru »

Dear Annette,
the only way to know for sure where she lives, if she is still there or no, is
to send a request to Milan population registry office, or at least give us the last name of this lady, maybe she is listed on italian white pages
bye Riccardo
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

Her name is Sigra Canoro Maria. She looked to be in her 60's or 70's in the photo in 1974. So my guess is that she is not alive. But she had a daughter and grandchildren. I don't know the names. I did check google earth and that street and address seems to exist. It seems like some market district though, with apartments on top, perhaps?
tonij16102
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonij16102 »

Have you tried a telephone search? Here is a webpage that I use to make telephone searches. If your lucky not all of the time but sometimes it has a reverse search option where you can just put the address in and see what it pulls up. Also you cld just put in the last name and no first name and see what comes up. What I have personally found is the family will still own the home but the address was changed. What I did in search of my family was I did a telephone search and found three last names I knew were family and wrote to them and was lucky enough to get replies back. Good Luck in your search.

www.infobel.com
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The Address is Via Carlo Imbonati 23 http://maps.google.it/maps?hl=it&q=Via+ ... 1,,0,-3.77
Unfortunately the White Pages do not list Maria Canoro among the people living in Via Imbonati 23
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

liviomoreno wrote:The Address is Via Carlo Imbonati 23 http://maps.google.it/maps?hl=it&q=Via+ ... 1,,0,-3.77
Unfortunately the White Pages do not list Maria Canoro among the people living in Via Imbonati 23
However, as many Italians (especially the younger ones) now forego landline telephones in favor of cellular, the lack of a telephone directory listing is not 100% definitive.

Nevertheless, I would agree that she is probably not at this address any longer.

The telephone directory shows a single Canoro in Milano. Since the name appears to be quite rare in Italy, you may as well start with this individual ( http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... &dv=Milano ).
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

You can request to Milan population registry office, to have an historical family certificate, where there are stated Canoro Maria, her husband and her children. Usually that certificate costs about 15 euros
Also from 1974, Via Carlo Imbonati 23, is not the sam of today, because after 1981-1991-2001 census, number 23 is on another building.
Now in Milan white pages there is only one Canoro living in that city, at address Via Postumia
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

Thank you all for your help. I have decided to write to Francesco Canoro in Milano. I have photos of Maria Canoro and her daughter and grandchildren, which I plan to include. Hopefully I will get lucky!

Would someone please be able to translate my letter to Italian. Here is what I have:

26 ottobre 2010

Francesco Filippo Canoro
20153 Milano (MI)
Via Postumia, 24
ITALIA

Dear Mr. Francesco,

My name is Annette and I am trying to find Sigra Maria Canoro or any of her family members. The last address I have for Sigra Maria Canoro is from the year 1982. Her address was

C. Imbonate 23
20159 Milano, Italy

Sigra Maria Canoro is my great grandfather Giuseppe Laraio’s niece. Giuseppe immigrated to the United States in 1894 from Accettura, Italy.

I have enclosed some photos of Sigra Maria Canoro that were taken in 1974 with her daughter and grandchildren. My family met Sigra Maria and visited with her and her family in Accettura. I would be very interested in writing to Sigra Maria and her family. I would love to get to know my Italian relatives.

I have enclosed a self-addressed stamped envelope for your convenience. My email address is … I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Annette
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

I can't translate for you but I will mention that the "stamped" part of your self-addressed envelope will be useless unless you can find an appropriate value Italian postage stamp. :)
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

OK, thanks Carmine. I will leave that part out. I will rewrite post and start a new post, that maybe someone will see who can translate. Thanks!
Annette
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Here there is the translation, I hope it helps, bye Riccardo

---------------------------------------------------------

Egregio Sig. Francesco,
mi chiamo Annette e sto cercando la Sig.ra Maria Canoro o chiunque della sua famiglia. L'ultimo indirizzo che io ho della Sig.ra Maria Canoro dal 1982 è C. Imbonate 23, 20159 Milano, Italia.
La Sig.ra Maria Canoro è la nipote del mio bisnonno Giuseppe Laraio che è emigrato negli Stati Uniti nel 1894 da Accettura, Italia.
Allego alla mia lettera alcune foto della Sig.ra Maria Canoro che sono state fatte nel 1974, con sua figlia e nipotini. La mia famiglia incontrò la Sig.ra Maria Canoro e visitò lei e la sua famiglia da Accettura. Sarei molto interessata a scrivere alla Sig.ra Maria e alla sua famiglia. Vorrei conoscere i miei parenti italiani.
Includo con la lettera una busta e il francobollo per la risposta. La mia email è...... Spero di ricevere una vostra risposta presto.
Distinti saluti.

Annette
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

Thank you Riccardo! I will put in the mail today!
Annette
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

it was my pleasure, good luck, i hope you receive a reply from Canoro's
ciao Riccardo