Surname-Iannetta

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gmjeanette

Surname-Iannetta

Post by gmjeanette »

Looking for any help finding more about my family from the Bojano/Boiano area. How do I find vital records for the 1800's?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surname-Iannetta

Post by suanj »

gmjeanette wrote:Looking for any help finding more about my family from the Bojano/Boiano area. How do I find vital records for the 1800's?
In Mormons are the microfilm about civil registration of Bojano (Boiano) from 1809 to 1910... http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
regards, suanj
gmjeanette

Post by gmjeanette »

suanj wrote:
gmjeanette wrote:Looking for any help finding more about my family from the Bojano/Boiano area. How do I find vital records for the 1800's?
In Mormons are the microfilm about civil registration of Bojano (Boiano) from 1809 to 1910... http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
regards, suanj
Thank you. I'll look into this.

George
gmjeanette

Post by gmjeanette »

UPDATED INFO:

What we have so far is this;

Camillo Nicola Iannetta was born 21 JUL 1863 in Bojano to Francesco Iannetta and Giancinta DiBiora. Camillo married Barbara Giordano in Terggiano in about 1890. Camillo is believed to be the brother of my great-grandfather Benjamin, Benedetto, or some spelling to mean Ben.

What we're trying to find out is if Francesco and Giancinta also had a child named Ben (born approx 1860 in Bojano) and if Ben later went on to marry a woman named Danoto, Donnotta, Donnoto, Donato?

My great-grandparents (Ben & Donato) immigrated to the US and were murdered in McGregor, Minn in 1895. Children that may have been born to them in Bojano are Mary Susan born 28 JAN 1887, and Michael J born 27 AUG 1884.
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Sorry to hear about your great grandparents.

Could the surname Jannetta be used instead of Iannetta?

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/3957/benjanetta7sd.jpg

Name:   Bend Jannetta Arrival Date: 13 May 1884
Estimated Birth Year: 1855 Age:   29 Gender:   Male
Port of Departure:   Naples, Italy Destination:   United States of America
Place of Origin:   Italy Ship Name:   Burgundia Port of Arrival:   New York Line:   23 Microfilm Roll:   476 List Number:   541

This manifest is fuzzy, let me know how it views on your end. If it's of any use, I can resave it in a better format.
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

named Danoto, Donnotta, Donnoto, Donato?
Where did you get this information from? Just curious... are you reading this from a document of some sort?
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

What we're trying to find out is if Francesco and Giancinta also had a child named Ben (born approx 1860 in Bojano) and if Ben later went on to marry a woman named Danoto, Donnotta, Donnoto
Does this mean that when you went through the microfilm birth records you didn't find any other children for Francesco and Giancinta? Just a thought, but if you only found one child for this couple perhaps they (1) moved to another location (2) one of them died. It is rather unusual for a couple to only have 1 child.
gmjeanette

Post by gmjeanette »

mfjp wrote:Sorry to hear about your great grandparents.

Could the surname Janetta be used instead of Ianetta?

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/3957/benjanetta7sd.jpg

Name:   Bend Jannetta Arrival Date: 13 May 1884
Estimated Birth Year: 1855 Age:   29 Gender:   Male
Port of Departure:   Naples, Italy Destination:   United States of America
Place of Origin:   Italy Ship Name:   Burgundia Port of Arrival:   New York Line:   23 Microfilm Roll:   476 List Number:   541

This manifest is fuzzy, let me know how it views on your end. If it's of any use, I can resave it in a better format.
We're sure it's Iannetta. We know Camillo was born to those named above and he was Bens brother. The names were changed in the US via immigrations.
gmjeanette

Post by gmjeanette »

mfjp wrote:
named Danoto, Donnotta, Donnoto, Donato?
Where did you get this information from? Just curious... are you reading this from a document of some sort?
These names, both Ben and Donato were spelled many different was via trial transcripts, coroners reports and newspaper clippings. A distant relative in Calif. is the great-granddaughter of Camillo who is the brother of my great-grandfather. She has all his info up to Camillo's birth record from Italy. What were trying to do now is research the parents, Francesco and Giancinta, to find additional children born to them to confirm our theories. Hope this makes sense.
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

The script I and J are very similar... it just depends on how these manifests were transcribed... it's hard to tell... opinions would be appreciated... (see above manifest)

By any chance, were Camillo's sons -Nicola and Angelo?
Found this manifest...
Name:   Camillo Iannetta Arrival Date:   8 Apr 1887 Estimated Birth Year:   1864 Age:   23 Gender:   Male
Port of Departure:   Marseilles, France and Naples, Italy and Gibraltar Ship Name:   Britannia Port of Arrival:   New York Nativity:   Italy
Line:   34 Microfilm Roll:   505 List Number:   371

http://img232.exs.cx/img232/3830/cam3ss.jpg

It would be nice to find the manifests of Ben...and family.
gmjeanette

Post by gmjeanette »

Hi mfjp,

Nicola and Angelo do not show up as the children listed for Camillo and Barbara. Yes the I's and J's do look very similar.

It's also probable that the Camillo listed on that manifest is the same one we have...someone is looking into that.

Yes it would be very nice to find a manifest...just anything other than the trial papers, coroner's report, and newspaper articles on Ben...anything.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

suanj wrote:

Looking for any help finding more about my family from the Bojano/Boiano area. How do I find vital records for the 1800's?

regards, suanj

gmjeanette wrote:
Thank you. I'll look into this.

Just to clarify. You have looked through the microfilm vital records for Bojano and have not been able to find any of the birth records you need. Is this correct?

Debbi
[/quote]
gmjeanette

Post by gmjeanette »

Update:

A search of the microfilm revealed the following.

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE-

Antonio, Benedetto Iannetta (as it is written on the certificate, not sure what the comma is for after the name Antonio) age 23, son of Michele Iannetta and Clementina (last name unreadable), from Bojano, Campobasso, Italy,

married on 24 Sept 1881

Donata Barile age 22, daughter of Francesco Barile and Auleria Scinocca, from Bojano, Campobasso, Italy.

Anyone have additional info about these names herein? We are still searching other films for more info.
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Did any Iannetta's end up in Canada?
gmjeanette

Post by gmjeanette »

mfjp wrote:Did any Iannetta's end up in Canada?
I don't see that migration. What we do see is New York, Chicago, then Minneapolis. They settled in Mc Gregor, Minn.