Elia/Monacelli in Alanno & Secondo/Dia Felicie in Oratin

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BarryC

Re: Elia/Monacelli in Alanno & Secondo/Dia Felicie in Or

Post by BarryC »

Lorenzo Elia age 25 and Addalorata Manacelli age 26 were married in Alanno, Pescara on 17 July 1866 (record #10)

they had the following children, all born in Alanno

Antonio 21 May 1867 record #71
Rosario 16 December 1869 record #118
Antonio 12 March 1871 record #98
Pierino 15 January 1874 record #7
Pasquale 6 January 1876 record #2
Uliano 23 October 1877 record #124
Angela Maria 28 April 1880 record #50

I will try and get more details on my next visit.
The marriage record you found for Uliano in Toronto is most certainly this Uliano Elia!

Barry
BarryC

Post by BarryC »

Lorenzo Elia was born in Alanno on 29 May 1841 record #59 to Pasquale Elia age 40 and Carmela Buccini age 35

Addalorata Manaceli was born in Alanno on 16 October 1839 to Giovannangelo Manaceli age 26 and Candita Rosa ?

Records are difficult to read but once I find a marriage record it will help.
ascione_m

Post by ascione_m »

BarryC wrote:Lorenzo Elia age 25 and Addalorata Manacelli age 26 were married in Alanno, Pescara on 17 July 1866 (record #10)

they had the following children, all born in Alanno

Antonio 21 May 1867 record #71
Rosario 16 December 1869 record #118
Antonio 12 March 1871 record #98
Pierino 15 January 1874 record #7
Pasquale 6 January 1876 record #2
Uliano 23 October 1877 record #124
Angela Maria 28 April 1880 record #50

I will try and get more details on my next visit.
The marriage record you found for Uliano in Toronto is most certainly this Uliano Elia!

Barry
that's exciting

my mother remembers a cousin of hers, Lawrence, and an unlce with a name she did not really recognize... she thought maybe Tarquino, but when she gets back form FLA I will asked her if Uliano sounds familiar...

truthfully, her mother (Pasquale's daughter Ilda) did not like this uncle of hers, which is why my mother does not know much of him...
sandytatro

Post by sandytatro »

Thank you so much for all the information Barry, I really appreciate you taking the time to look it all up. It is very interesting!
BarryC

Post by BarryC »

I've prepared a pdf file showing your Elia's back to the mid 1700's. Send me your email address if you want a copy.

Barry@carrufo.ca

Barry
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

John, I could have sworn I had replied to your offer to send me the information by email! I just noticed with Wanda's reply that I did not. I would love whatever information you can give me. Despite the date discrepancies, I think this is probably the correct family line, it all seems to line up otherwise. My email address is sandytatro @ gmail.com, and I would happy to receive anything you have on that line, it would be most appreciated.
Sandy - I just sent you Pedigree and Ahnentafel Charts for Antonio Secondo. Sorry for the delay. My bad.
John Armellino
maryelia

Re: Elia/Monacelli in Alanno & Secondo/Dia Felicie in Oratin

Post by maryelia »

Hi My name is Mary Elia. My husband Tim Elia is the grandson of the above named Pasquale Elia (born Alanno) who emigrated to Toronto with his wife Sofia Castellucci who was from Abbateggio, near Alanno.

Does Tim have relatives out there who come from some of Pasquale's brothers or sister?
maryelia

Post by maryelia »

My name is Mary Elia (not my maiden name) and my husband Tim Elia is the grandson of Pasquale Elia and Sofia Castellucci. Mark Ascione's mum Joanne and Tim are first cousins. I would love to get in touch with you, Sandy and Wanda. Tim doesn't use the computer but speaks through me! My email is mary.elia@rogers.com. Tim and I live in Toronto Ontario, not far from Mark Ascione and we were both born in 1945. We have visited the cemeteries at Alanno and Abateggio in the late 1990's and have some photos of graves that have the names of Elia and/or Castellucci on them. Tim will be delighted to know that he has cousins he didn't know about! We never knew until today just how many siblings Pasquale had. Now we do, thanks to Mark telling me about this website!! Hope you see my post.
wandasullivan

Post by wandasullivan »

Nice to meet you Mary - this is Wanda. I'll email you asap and and also send you a list of all the "Pasquale Elia" siblings we've collected to date, and also their/our ancestors and decendents. I'm also a descendent of both Elia and Castellucci clans (my grandmother Angela Rosaria was Pasquale's sister and she married Sofia's brother, Federico). Once you've had a chance to look at the list I send you, please send me any additions/amendments as I'd be happy to update/include your side of the family. Once again, really nice to meet you - Wanda (Australia)
Laura1124

Post by Laura1124 »

Wow...I just read through all the posts, and it is great that all you cousins have found each other!! I have just recently emailed with Mary Elia. I was wondering if any of you have Lorenzo Elia's (the one born in 1841) siblings recorded? My ggg-grandmother was Rosa Elia, born in Alanno, married to Arcangelo DiSanctis "around" 1857 by my best guess. I am also estimating that she was born anywhere from 1838 to 1858, which COULD put her in the age range to be a sibling of Lorenzo's (or a cousin). I would almost think they have to be related because Alanno just wasn't that big back then.

I have a lot of your information already documented back to Pasquale Elia and Carmella Buccini while trying to find information on my ggg-grandmother Rosa. I have hit a brick wall that I can't seem to get over regarding her siblings/parents. If any of you have information that you could share with me, I'd appreciate it very much!!

Laurie
wandasullivan

Post by wandasullivan »

Hi Laurie
Interesting to read your email and also about the probable link between our ancestors. From memory, most of the information gathered by this side of the Elia clan came from both Sandy and a BarryC (contact details already available via this post/link). Like myself, Sandy is a direct link of Elia & Secondo (I think the latter is correct), but I'm not sure how/if BarryC fits into the clan, but he was also instrumental in locating/collating much of the information connected to our branch of the Elia clan. I noted that in one of BarryC's posts he has included his email address, perhaps you can try contacting him directly to see if he also came across information on your branch of the Elia family. I will try and contact Sandy (via email, as we're located in stwo separate parts of the world!) to let her know about your email.
In the meantime, it was great to read your post and make your acquaintence and I wish you good luck with your search.
Ciao
Wanda
ascione_m

Post by ascione_m »

Interesting how this thread has got itself kickstarted again.

Nice to meet you Laurie. I'm Mark – Mary's husband Tim is my mom's cousin (Pasquale b. 1876 is my ggf).

If I have everything correct, I'd think Rosa Elia is likely a cousin to Lorenzo. It seems Lorenzo had 2 sibling, Filippo and Irene. Their father was Pasquale (b. 1799), who had a sibling Lucia. Their parents are Filippo (b.1767) and Angela Dea Julianetti. The oldest ancestor we had was Desidoro Elia, Filippo's father.

Admittedly, I don't have much other than names and some dates. I'd like to see any further into you might have on Pasquale and Carmela. Feel free to email me at mascione2001@rogers.com

Thanks
Mark
Ascione/Biancucci - Pescosolido, Frosinone, Lazio
Gorrasi - Roccadaspide, Salerno, Campania
Cerigliano - Laurenzana, Potenza, Basilicata
Colucci -
Elia/Castellucci - Alanno, Pescara, Abruzzo
BarryC

Post by BarryC »

Laura1124 wrote:Wow...I just read through all the posts, and it is great that all you cousins have found each other!! I have just recently emailed with Mary Elia. I was wondering if any of you have Lorenzo Elia's (the one born in 1841) siblings recorded? My ggg-grandmother was Rosa Elia, born in Alanno, married to Arcangelo DiSanctis "around" 1857 by my best guess. I am also estimating that she was born anywhere from 1838 to 1858, which COULD put her in the age range to be a sibling of Lorenzo's (or a cousin). I would almost think they have to be related because Alanno just wasn't that big back then.

I have a lot of your information already documented back to Pasquale Elia and Carmella Buccini while trying to find information on my ggg-grandmother Rosa. I have hit a brick wall that I can't seem to get over regarding her siblings/parents. If any of you have information that you could share with me, I'd appreciate it very much!!

Laurie

I do have a Domenica Rosa Elia born 6 Oct. 1834 in Alanno daughter of Croce Elia and Rubina Asetto but no other information.
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Sandy - I found two records last night that you might find interesting. Both relate to your Secondo line.

Nicoletta Iafelice was born 01 JUL 1890 in Oratino, the daughter of Carolina Iafelice, age 20, unmarried, and a man who declined to be named. Source: Oratino (Campobasso). Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1761635/NATI 1890/Numero 42, 05 JUL 1890. I suspect that this might be your Great Grandmother. As per my earlier post, your Great Great Grandparents Antonio Secondo and Carolina Iafelice were married in 1894 in Oratino. If my theory is correct, they had two children before their marriage (1) Nicoletta Iafelice, daughter of the unmarried Carolina Iafelice and a father who declined to be named, born in 1890, and (2) Costanzo Antonio Secondo, son of the unmarried Antonio Secondo and a mother who declined to be named, born in 1892. There are no other records in Oratino that fit the facts as provided.

As you know, Carolina Iafelice was the daughter of Felice Iafelice and Maria Filomena del Greco. While her parents weren't married in Oratino, I did find pubblicazioni in Oratino: Felice Iafelice, age 24, calzolaio, son of Gaudenzio Iafelice and Maria Ciancibello, intends to marry Maria Filomena del Greco, age 15, daughter of Marco del Greco and Mariantonia Giuliani. Source: Oratino (Campobasso). Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1577383/PUBBLICAZIONI 1857/N. d'ordine 5, 19 APR 1857; Oratino (Campobasso). Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1577383/PUBBLICAZIONI 1857/N. d'ordine 5, 08 MAY 1857.

The above pubblicazioni state that Marco del Greco and Mariantonia Giuliani were living in Baranello. Perhaps their daughter was married there. However, I do have this couple in my database and each was born elsewhere. Marco Giacinto Napoleone del Greco, son of Felice Antonio del Greco and Maddalena Venditto, was born 17 AUG 1808 in Busso, Campobasso, Molise, Regno di Napoli. Source: Oratino (Campobasso). Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1577206/PROCESSETTI 1834/No. 13/foglio 1, 22 MAR 1834. Mariantonia Giuliani, daughter of Giuseppe Giuliani and Anna Saveria di Chiocchio, was born 25 MAR 1802 in Oratino, Campobasso, Molise, Regno di Napoli. Source: Oratino (Campobasso). Ufficio dello Stato Civile, Registri dello Stato Civile, 1809-1910, FHL INTL Film 1577206/PROCESSETTI 1834/No. 13/foglio 2, 01 APR 1834. Since her father was from Busso, there still remains the possibility that Maria Filomena was married in that town. Although Maria Filomena's mother was born in Oratino, there is no record there of a marriage between Felice Iafelice and Maria Filomena del Greco.
John Armellino