Nicola Tamburrino

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Nicola Tamburrino

Post by oilman19 »

http://img513.imageshack.us/i/tamburino ... th189.jpg/
http://img178.imageshack.us/i/tamburrin ... marr1.jpg/

My 2ggrandfather is Nicola Tamburrino of Antonio.
Nicola had at least 5 children (Antonio, Giovanni, Maria, Agostino, and Anna Maria) with his wife Teresa di Nardo between 1852-1862 and he was born in the 1820's. This is what I know from other documents.

In the image above, I have a Nicola Tamburrino marrying Gaetana Ciglione in 1889.

In the other image, I have the death record of the same Nicola Tamburrino in 1893.

I want very much for this to be my Nicola but cannot make a solid connection. I have translated the documents as best I can but I see no positive clue to make the leap.

Since my translation abilities are limited, I was hoping someone could look at these 2 documents to see if there might be a clue that I may have missed. ( I know his mother is listed but I have no record of who his mother is).

Please find me some good news!!! :)

Thank you
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Nicola Tamburrino

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Jim,

The marriage record lists Nicola's mother as deceased Angela Maria Letizia.
And Nicola is 68 years old.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

The death record lists Nicola's age as 65 :-?
Looks like he died in a hospital (San Giuseppe)

His parents are deceased Antonio and deceased Anna Maria Letizia

He is the spouse of Gaetana Ciglione. No other wife is mentioned, but that is not unusual.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Maybe the allegati for the marriage will list documents for the deceased spouse if Nicola was married before...

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

That is a good idea. I doubt I have it right now, but that may be the best resource to make this link.

I failed to mention that Tamburrino was not a common name in this town and most documents I find I am able to link to my tree. That was another reason I have such high confidence in this being my Nicola (he has the right father, also).

Thank you
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hope you find that elusive "link!" :-D

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

GOOD NEWS!!!! :D

I found Nicola's 1st marriage. My suspicions were confirmed. He is my 2g grandfather.

Do you see anything in this marriage record notes that will be helpful to me?

Thank you
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I posted 2 images from postimage.org.
Neither of them are showing in the message. Is it possible they are too large and I am not being provided a msg that they are? When I try to edit the the last post, they are still there but they don't show up.
Jim

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

oilman19 wrote:I posted 2 images from postimage.org.
Neither of them are showing in the message. Is it possible they are too large and I am not being provided a msg that they are? When I try to edit the the last post, they are still there but they don't show up.
There is a problem with the "[url]" tag...

Your images are http://postimage.org/image/2rz6vhb7o/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://postimage.org/image/2ryd3t2bo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will look at hem and come back to you
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/8721 ... marr18.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8721/t ... marr18.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope this works better.
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you Livio.

I re-posted them from imageshack, also.
Jim

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The left column is the promise of marriage dated 1851, Jan 24
Groom: Nicola Tamburino 28yo peasant farmer born in S. Maria residing in Strada S. Erasmo son of the deceased Antonio and of Angela Maria Letizia
Bride: Teresa Di Nardo 21yo born in S. Maria residing in Strada S. Erasmo, daughter of Agostino and of Maria Orlando
The banns were posted in the town hall on Dec 29, 1850

The right columnn gives the actual date of the marriage celebrated by the Parish Priest of S. Erasmo: January 28 1851.

The second page has the list of the documents presented by the spouses.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

That is very helpful, Livio.
Because he is a gg grandfather, I was wondering if there was anything out of the ordinary in the list of documents. I am not able to read very much of it.

Thank you
Jim

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Here is the list of documents:
Groom's birth act, brides, birth act, death act of groom's father who died in Marcianise,death act of groom's paternal grandfathe who died in this Comune. I do not understand exactly the meaning of the fifth document; this is what I read "Quinto: nell'atto di nascita di una notificazione fatta in questo Comune, a cui non vi fu nota opposizione"

The 4 witnesses to the promise of marriage were:
Don Francesco De Lucia 31yo priest, living in Strada S. Erasmo
Antonio Volpe 31yo profession? living in Strada S. Erasmo
Mattia Delli Paoli 38yo wood worker living in Strada S. Erasmo
Francesco Caracciolo 54yo cook living in Strada S. Erasmo
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you very much.
Jim