birth records vs. birth extracts

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

birth records vs. birth extracts

Post by bkworm10 »

Accettura Italy has been extremely prompt in writing back to me with the birth records of my ancestors. In fact, they even respond to email which makes it even quicker! However, they are sending me birth extracts and not copies of the actual record. Is this the norm? Or do I have to do something to request the actual copy? Or perhaps the actual copy would not have any additional information (like address, time of birth, etc...). Basically they just send me date of birth, name at birth and parents names. I am using the website

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

to request the birth certificate.

I plan to send away for the marriage records now - I was planning on sending away for the marriage certificate, specifically. But what is the "State of the Family Certificate" and would that possibly give more information.

For instance, my g-g-grandparents had two children that I know of - one born in 1883 and the other born in 1873. I'm sure they had more children rather than just the two and I would love to know who they were. Would the "State of the Family Certificate" provide that information?

I would be happy to wait and order the microfilm, but I am still waiting on the microfilm I ordered over a month ago for Accettura, Italy 1873 and since Accettura is very quick, I would rather go that route.

Thanks, Annette
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: birth records vs. birth extracts

Post by johnnyonthespot »

The document you are getting is most likely an "Estratto per Riassunto per Atto di Nascita" (or Matrimonio or Morte).

You can instead request a "Copia integrale dell'atto di Nascita" (or Matrimonio or Morte). This would be a photocopy of the original record and does generally contain more information of genealogical interest.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

I am requesting the following:

Vi sarei molto grato se poteste spedirmi l'estratto dell'atto di nascita di Teresa Sarricchio, in carta libera.

How would I rewrite that to request the copy?

Thanks, Annette
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

bkworm10 wrote:I am requesting the following:

Vi sarei molto grato se poteste spedirmi una copia integrale dell'atto di Nascita di Teresa Sarricchio.

Thanks, Annette
:-)
T.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

Thanks!
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Tessa78 wrote:
bkworm10 wrote:I am requesting the following:

Vi sarei molto grato se poteste spedirmi una copia integrale dell'atto di Nascita di Teresa Sarricchio.

Thanks, Annette
:-)
T.
A "copia integrale" is not necessarily a photocopy of the act and an estratto per riassunto is generally sufficient both for dual citizenship and genealogy purposes, see my post http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... tml#113160 to have a detail explanation.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

So what do I want to request then? I plan to get the marriage certificate of my g-g-grandparents and would like to get all annotations included. How would I write that in Italian?

Thanks!
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Estratto per copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio di [groomname] e di [bridename] celebrato il [marriagedate]
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

Thank you! Just sent the email.